Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Finally in Boston

We finally got to Boston for my daughter's graduation next weekend. Betsy will also be visiting a spine surgeon to have her two herniated discs checked out. We canceled out on the NE Rally because of her back and decided to move north to have it checked out since it was getting too hot in the Savannah area for me. If she has to have surgery then it will be cooler here. Actually it is in the 50s at the moment and raining hard. This is just like 09 when we were here for three weeks and it was sunny for two days only. Hopefully the weather will be better this year. We are staying at Hanscom AFB which is ideal and very close to Boston and 20 bucks a day. we are with in 5 miles of both Lexington and Concord and 2 miles from Bedford. The CG is also only 6 miles from the Alewife train station where we can park the truck in secure storage for the whole day for 4 bucks and take the train into Boston for a few bucks a day. We love it here, but the roads suck. If you are headed to the NE rally and are retired military spend a night or two here with us. Exit 31B and follow signs... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Hi Dave and Betsy,
I know the traffic is terrible around Hanscom. Our daughter lives in Lexington and when we visit them I am not too fond (hate, hate) of driving on 128. We drive down with our car from Maine so it's not as bad as taking the Monty.

It might be a bit longer but I believe that you can take 495 to 3 to 128 and I have heard that 3 is not that bad. (never drove on it, so I can't say from experience) That will bring you on to 128 just a few exits from Hanscom.

Which way did you guys come up? Just thought I would mention this for when you leave or if someone else plans on stopping at Hanscom for the rally in Maine. ( can check 3 on goggle maps and see what it looks like) It might be another option.

Hope all goes well with Betsy.

Take care,
Marge & Jim
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
PatnRich
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1250
Welcome to the area.
I hate to say it, but the weather forcast for the next seven days calls for rain.
PatnRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
It's still spring up there Froggy2! Enjoy the spring weather...different each day.

I don't like Boston but that's just me. Too many liberals there, but alot of history. Congrats on daughter's graduation.

See you in Me in June...still too early!!! I know...complain, complain. Taxachusetts!!
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
yes, but an excellent place to wear my anti-peta T-shirts. It is my job to piss off as many of the Bean town tools as possible. EAT MORE DEAD ANIMAL PARTS!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dave,
How long you there for?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
one week to 6 weeks, depends on outcome of Betsy's meeting with surgeon. Jim F will be back at the CG next week I guess...
Old 05-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #8
PatnRich
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1250
I thought PETA stood for People Eating Tasty Animals.
PatnRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We will be in Central Mass around the 8th of June for a couple weeks.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Will let ya know how long we will be here in a few days.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #11
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
Dennis said:

I don't like Boston but that's just me. Too many liberals there, but alot of history.

---------

I resemble that description -- I have lived in the Boston MA area all of my nearly 56 years

Ray
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #12
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Don't worry about Dennis, what do you expect from a little green guy that sits on a rock and eats bugs. (ribbit, ribbit, ribbit)
Old 05-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Spent a lot of time in the Boston area a few years back when still working nice area and a lot of history,,Don't Know if we saw any liberals what do they look like.????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Pulled in to Hanscom today and there is Dave and Betsy, good to see old friends and we brought the sun with us. We plan on being here until June 1 then have to go check out the new RV pad we are having done at the stick house. Wayne, give us a shout when you get up here, we will take you and Earlene to dinner.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #15
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Will do. We are leaving Gaffney tomorrow. Great service for the SOB. Highly recommended, but only if you have a Freightliner chassis.

Will be at Quantico untill the 1st week in june, then heading your way. We are only going to stay up in that area a couple weeks, then maybe to Vermont and parts west.