Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Souvenir from a Dirt Track Raceway!

I kept this small rock and brought it home with me from the races last night. I thought it would make a really nice souvenir and conversation piece in the future. The only problem with it is that it didn’t feel very small when it hit me in the neck all the way to the top row of bleachers. During the main event while the late models were racing, somewhere about lap #20 I was looking to my right at the other end of the track, when I felt this really hard hit in the neck just below and behind my left ear. I didn’t have any idea what had happened it happened so fast. I heard some noise like dirt or something also hitting the fence directly behind me then I seen this piece fall and land on the walkway close by me. I’ve seen dirt clods before when the cars would be slinging dirt but never anything like this. I just wonder what the odds were of being hit like that. I know it could have been a lot worse. It didn’t leave me with a head ache or anything but it was a very hard hit.
As I mentioned before there has to be guardian angels around!

Photo

On Edit: Photo Link Changed

Old 09-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
That's a pretty big "Chunk!!"
It looks like an arrow head. Is it bow season there? Do you look like a deer?
Glad it didn't hit you in the face.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I'm glad it hit you were it did. Any place other than your head and it may have not been as "pleasant."

Seriously, that could physically render a person unconscious, or worse.

Very happy to hear you are okay.

Edited: my terrible spelling.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
kilch123
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9104
Yes - you are lucky - glad it wasn't worse

My friend Mike has lost the vision in one eye due to a similar incident.
http://www.dodgeownerforums.com/smf/...51.15#lastPost

Here's a link to his ordeal (see reply #4 where he describes what happened)

kilch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #5
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Bill, been there done that. And your right very lucky. I also been in the one behind the wheel on dirt tracks in an open wheel car and can testify that they hurt like the dickens. Got hit in the grandstands and behind the wheel. Not fun and consider you to be very lucky.

What dirt track were you at? I just went to the Fir. night open wheel mod show at the snowball derby here in Pensacola. Beautiful ashphalt track 1/2 mile in length.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:50 AM   #6
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Champ_49

Bill, been there done that. And your right very lucky. I also been in the one behind the wheel on dirt tracks in an open wheel car and can testify that they hurt like the dickens. Got hit in the grandstands and behind the wheel. Not fun and consider you to be very lucky.

What dirt track were you at? I just went to the Fir. night open wheel mod show at the snowball derby here in Pensacola. Beautiful ashphalt track 1/2 mile in length.

Dave

I was at the KC Raceway in Southern Ohio North of Waverly. This was in 2009.

I’m relocating my photos and when I change the links its relisting the older postings.
Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote