Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2008, 02:41 AM   #1
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Slide "Movin' on Out"

What would cause the bottom of the large slide on my 2955rl to move out about 1.5 to 2 inches after towing for several hours? The top of the slide is in place. It's just the bottom that is moving out. I have noticed this happening twice. The first time I noticed it, I dismissed it as not having the slide in all the way before leaving. Each time I stop for fuel, I have to activate the slide switch to pull it back in. Any suggestions??

Old 07-22-2008, 05:24 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It sounds like an internal seal leaking allowing fluid to leak back and thus the slide moves out. I have noticed that my slides touch at the top before the bottom touches. I am no expert so there may be a totally different cause.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:12 AM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
This same thing happened to ours. The hydraulic pump had a leak in the check valve and was replaced under extended warranty. Usually, when the pump leaks a little, the bottom of the slide will move out first before the top. That's the way the slide goes out normally. When you bring the slides in you'll note that the bottom of the slide pulls up tight last.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #4
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Thanks for the info, Orville. Guess I better make an appointment with the dealer for a "tune up".
Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #5
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
before dragging your unit to the dealer, check the fluid level, if your low on hydraulic fluid and have air in the system it will do the same thing...
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
I will try to add fluid before making an appointment. I read the manual on this problem and this is one of the solutions.

This just got me thinking - the only time that I have noticed the problem is after towing for a while. Would the problem show up if the slides were in and the camper is sitting the yard?