Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
William Schelling
Established Member

M.O.C. #6701
fire place heat

I have a 2007 rk with a fire place under the vcr and the tv on top.
When we use the fire place and after it warms up, the dvd player won't work because it gets too warm in the compartment. The dvd player works ok any other time.

I need to keep the compartment cool.

Any suggestions?

William Schelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:00 AM   #2
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
I noticed the same thing and since I was having problems with my remote working through the Door glass of the DVD cabinet this last weekend I reversed the door. Now my door opens down instead of lifting up. We will probably add a small chain to keep it from opening all the way but now when I use the DVD or run the fire place heat I leave the door to the compartment open. Another option would be to remove the door completely.

BIll
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote