Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Under Contract! Packing!

Finally--we're under contract, have passed with flying colors the home inspection, and feel secure enough about the house sale to start packing. Closing is set for April 15th. Those of you whom we met at the 7 Feathers rally in June of 2009 may remember that we put our home up for sale that month. At last--it sold.

We feel fortunate to have found a buyer (from Tennessee) in what's been a disasterous "recreation property" real estate market in Montana. According to what local Realtors told us, only 2 homes here in our price range have gone under contract in the 10 months or so; one of those contracts fell through because of financing problems. Our buyers are paying cash (how nice).

If you stay at the Dillon, Montana KOA in the next year or so, look for us because that's going to be our home base (when we're not traveling) for some time. The KOA has new owners, a well-maintained campground with trees, and is on the banks of the Beaverhead River. Pets are welcome. It's easy-off, easy-on Interstate 15, too.

Full-timers on April 15th and 7 Feathers in June. Woohoo!

Carolyn & Wayne

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Congrats. Carolyn & Wayne!

Terry and I look forward to seeing you again at 7 Feathers,travel safe!
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Congratulations. We've been trying to sell a house we own on the river for over two years. I hope your sale goes through without a hitch.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Congratulations, enjoy your new freedom. Happy travels.....
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:07 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I remember so well the trauma you guys went through building the house, all the contractor problems with construction.
It seems like just a year or so ago, but I imagine it has been 4 or 5. How time flies.
I am happy for you two. Where are you planning on traveling to at first?
Hope to meet you on the road somewhere, good luck with the closing.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:43 AM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
That means you are coming to the Fall Rally in Goshen, Congrats...Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:59 AM   #7
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
Good luck on your sale, I hope it's better than mine. Had contracts on our 3400RL, dually and 33' boat. All fell through, although the Montana did eventually sell. Dually purchaser changed his mind and the boat purchaser could not get financing.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:15 AM   #8
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Congratulations...hope the sale goes well and that you enjoy your new "freedom!"
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #9
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Congratulations. Ours has been on the market for five years here in Ohio and the market just keeps getting worse.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
I Also remember when you guys were building but the part that sticks in my mind was the jiffyjohns out in the snow with some crazy temp number like -10 or something. you folks are still my heros. glad your sale is going good. Now do you think yall will wait till winter to build another one!!! LOL
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Ozz,our first trip will be out to Oregon for the 7 Feathers rally. After the rally, we plan to go up the coast toward Washington and then back toward Montana. We'll probably be in Dillon for a couple of weeks and then leave for Texas, where we'll spend time in Austin and on the coast (where our oldest daughter, son-in-law, and two grandsons live). After that, we'll come back to Montana, taking a different, more westerly route than we'll take on the way down.

I'd planned to turn in my retirement papers the moment we had a contract on the house, but I'm going to put in one more year (to recover a bit of what we're losing on the house sale) and then retire. However, now that we won't be tied to a house, we will be taking frequent weekend trips and some longer trips when I get a 5 day break (which we get throughout the year for "in-service" days that I don't have to attend). I also have good breaks in September, December, March, and April, so if diesel prices don't choke us, we'll be taking longer trips at those times.

We've had two friends suffer untimely, catastrophic health events while waiting for the right time to do some of the things they'd planned to do "one day." Because of the house deal, we've put off things we wanted to do; now "one day" is here for us, even if I have to work another school year. Life is short!
Carolyn
Old 03-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #12
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Congratulations on the sale. I hope all continues to go well.

Looking forward to meeting you in 7 Feathers.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #13
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Whoopie! Congratulations and have fun, fun, fun!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #14
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Congratulations on the contract. We are also looking forward to some extended travel time next year.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:21 AM   #15
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Well, if you are going to Washington and coast...we'll catch you sometime this summer..so, plan on it! We're going to Austin to see the grandkids before long, so we might connect there too!

So happy for your recent sale, and looking forward to you finishing off that last year of teaching so you can experience the freedom we enjoy.

See, now you have the experience to do SHAM-WOW commercials!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #16
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Robbie, are you and Alice going to be at 7 Feathers in June? We will.

Carolyn
Old 03-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #17
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Carolyn,
I remember some time back reading about an out-house in the snow. I'm not going to search for it. I'm not up to a belly laugh tonight.

Congratulations. I hope closing goes without a flaw.

Let me know when you will be in Austin, and where on the coast are the kids?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote