Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #1
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
Air Conditioner

I need advise (again) I plan on adding an air conditioner in the front bedroom and I have a digital thermostate, can I tie this in so that the thermostate will operate both units. and if so the thermostate is at the bottom of the steps on the livingroom side of the wooden door, how would this regulate the temp in the bedroom.

ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:08 AM   #2
TheRanch
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6226
ChuckD, You wont be able to hook your 2nd AC unit into that thermostat. There are no leads running from it to that room and you would not be able to regulate the temp from that location. Your 2nd AC unit will have the controls and an internal thermost right there where your vent is.
TheRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Chuck,

Without getting into a long explanation, there is more to it than just wiring.

A true dual zone AC system (like the new 2008 Anniversary Edition Montana) has 2 ACs that share the ductwork, and a temperature sensor located in the 2nd zone that communicates with the thermostat. The thermostat monitors temparatures in both zones and operates the ACs as needed for the particular zone. Even if you wired for the 2nd AC to work with the thermostat, it would be pretty inefficient to have a non-ducted AC supplementing a ducted AC with vents right next to the non-ducted AC.

Without major modifications, I'm not sure you could achieve what you are trying to do.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
Okay is it possible I am set up for the dual AC My Digital Thermostat has 2 zones list on it when I turn it on. CW gave me a price on installing it to the thermostat but I am not sure the person I talked with really understood what I was asking. My Montana was built late in the model year as it also can with a flat screen HD LCD TV. any chance I got some 08 benifits here?
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote