Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
Pantry Wall Access Panel

I wasn't sure where to post this question so I hope this is the appropriate forum. In following a recent thread regarding the black tank flusher I was exploring the pantry wall, as one poster said there might be an access panel for a check valve. My pantry wall has an access panel that is fastened with double-stick tape, not screws. It is located at about eye level. When I remove the panel, all I see is the pocket door (when it is open), and the wall when closed. The hole is slightly larger than fist sized, and is very rough around the edges. I felt around in the hole, and could not feel anything. Does anyone know what this access is for, or is it possible that the hole was made by mistake during the building process and this is how they fixed it?

drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
How is it located in relation to the shower fixtures?

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
drjjj -

It wasn't a mistake, although it looks like they used a sledge hammer to make the hole. We also have the panel, with nothing there. The only thing I can think of is it is about the right height for the shower faucets had you gone with the shower option rather than the tub.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
Ed and Carole
Established Member

M.O.C. #1292
The check valve is screwed into the tank at the end of the tubing on the right side of the rig. You can undo the screws on the under belly panel where it is attached to the 10" I beam (you do not need to remove the complete under belly to access the check valve). If you disconnect the check valve wear some rubber gloves and have a drip pan to catch the waste. Your check valve could be plugged. The anti siphone valve on most rigs is in the cabinet under the wash basin.
Ed and Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Brad, look a few inches below the hole and I bet you see that checkvalve. I saw this on one I was looking at recently. Why the hole and panel are not at the correct height of the checkvalve I don't know. On ours I made the hole a bit larger so I could access that valve if necessary. At least ours is behind and just below that panel in the pantry. Other models are probably different.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Steve,

Is it on the pantry or shower side of the sliding door?
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:16 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Brad, I don't know and can't check right now. If you take off the access panel and close the sliding door you should be able to see it either way. Mine was several inches below the hole. I could see it with a flashlight and getting my head into the pantry to get a good look.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:58 PM   #8
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Send a message via MSN to Dont Send a message via Yahoo to Dont
I have a 3400 RL and I had a leak behind the same wall after taking a flashlight and look along the slide out door i saw the valve and it was leaking it was hook to a wood stud, i had to make another hole closer to the valve so i could change the valve,the other hole you talk about was to far away.Then I got another cover plate to cover up the hole I made.
Dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:23 PM   #9
Lancealot

M.O.C. #4264
Make sure that the door to your bedroom is closed when you try to access the shower lines. We thought that our access panel was not located correctly until a plumber advised us to close the door... Bingo, the shower lines are there! Not to bright on our end!
Lancealot is offline   Reply With Quote