Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I may have spoke t o soon

We are getting intermittent trailer disconnect errors..They rewired the 7 way connector.

The furnace does not work we are getting a EE on the thermostat. They worked on the furnace.

The stove will not ignite we have to lite it with a match.. They worked on the stove.

We will be on the phone in the morning. Meanwhile it is cold and we have no furnace and at times we have no brakes.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I know exactly how frustrating this must be for you Rich. I cannot wait to hear the follow up to this story...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
What a nightmare.... Good luck with it guys, maybe simple fixes to the problems.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:33 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Been on the phone with Susan(team montana) this AM..

The Furnace problem..This needs to be a copy and paste and there should have been a tech bulletin on it. They replaced our comfort control unit. There is a new version of the Ckt Board.It can be identified by the absence of rocker switches to set modes on the inside of the ckt board(not the side you can see when you remove the CC.) Ours showed a EE (error) On the new board you need to "
1. turn off the power to the CC.
2. Hold the Mode and Zone button down at the same time. Turn on the power
3. You should see a FF..that is a good thing.. your CC is now reset.
4. Press the mode switch and set the mode..all should be normal.

The guys at the service center must not have been aware of the new board and did not check it for operation and nor did we before we left.

1 fault them...1 fault us.

The stove..The black tube that feeds the gas to the high speed burner was dis connected from the burner.. Re connected and normal.

It worked Wednesday Morning it did not work Thursday Afternoon..they worked on the stove..however it could have jolted loose in the 400 miles we traveled from the service center. No fault assigned.

The intermittent trailer dis connect.. I confirmed what they did and I will check out the work today..I have no choice.. fault not determined.

The above is the worst of problems...Intermittent..The only time we see it is on the road at 60/65 mph///We would of course suspect that the last place they worked would most likey be where the problem is.We droped the junction box at the pin box and checked all the wireing.. We pulled, tightened, etc..no trouble found.. Oh well.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:56 AM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Rich: From time to time the ignition tube on my stove falls off also. I always think I have it secured, but ya kow what happens when ya think too hard.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:14 AM   #6
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Rich, sorry to hear this after all of your problems.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:36 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Folks the good news is everything is working right now.We spent @ 2 hours going through all the wiring..we may have accidentally fixed the dis connect problem Everything is green on the controller. The weather is warm,We are with our local camping group, old friends, campfire is going, cookout coming up..life is good.The service center folks did a outstanding job..we have a better 3400 now..but...I think we need to revoke that crews donut privileges for the next week.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Glad you are back and running, Rich.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #9
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I have "intermittent" brakes and probably need to rewire. Our rig is old (2000) and the TV was wired in 2002 when I bought them both. I think mine's just a loose connection at the blades and some corrosion. The first time it happened, I crammed a bunch of di-electric grease in the connectors and that did for about a year (we don't get to use it very often). I will be fixin' it right before our 3 week vacation in May/June.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:29 PM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich,
Yahoo! I am ex tactic to hear you are back up and running 100% now!! I hope the rest of your summer is filled with many happy times in your "updated" 3400RL...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:54 AM   #11
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Rich, with all of your problems, you are getting an education on repairs the wrong way. Hope they come to an end soon, but you will definitely be able to help someone else with solutions.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Rich
We have had the same problem with the little tube on the stove. Had to put it back on several times. However, this trip it did just fine. Who knows, maybe it has a learning curve! LOL
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:49 PM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is the first time that tube had come off on any camper we have ever had and we felt so stupid when we found it was such a simple thing. We live and learn////Sue 60.00 for a hot water heater cover..ye gads..We will make sure ours is secure from now on..
Old 04-22-2007, 02:19 AM   #14
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
We have the same problem with the tube for the burners, it will not stay on, Brenda just gave up and uses a lighter to light the burners.
The markup on the tank cover is outrageous, I can't imagine what a completer water tank would cost.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I opened up the junction box under the pin box and checked the guys work.Did not see any obvious problems but took everything apart and re did the wiring..Did not get any errors on the way home...we shall see.I don't feel so bad ....one of our local camping group had a brand new Fleet wood MH`, 1st trip out. Hot water tank would not shut off, plenty of hot water. Back up cam would not work, found loose wiring, when he hooked up the water and turned it on there were leaks everywhere. I thought it was sort of funny..he did not..He made the mistake of taking the spot next door to us..we felt bad..as the big ole 3400 drew all the attention. Lucky we are very good and very old friends..We got home Sunday@ 3:30Pm and we are out again, Thursday heading for Western, PA..what a life.. Helen has been up on the roof of the 3400 washing off all the Az, Tx and NM dust..what a mess.