Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
RailroadMike
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5807
Power Problem

Need some help! I left the Montana for about two weeks not plugged into power with the fridge on gas. I got back yesterday and everything looked fine. I pulled into an RV park yesterday and got everything hooked up and again everything looked fine. Late last night I noticed the 12V lights were dim. I have been on park power for about 24 hours now and the 12V problem is worse, even the frige lights are out. I have maintenance free batteries. How long on park power should it take to charge them? Do I possibly have another probem? other then the fridge I had nothing running off 12V and thought that I would have had at least a little more charge after sitting all night. Thanks Mike

RailroadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
One time we could recharge the battery because the posts and clamps needed to be cleaned off. That would be a nice, simple solution. Someone will be along to help.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Sounds like your converter is not operating and you have been running on Batteries only,They are now run down and not being recharged due to a malfunctioning converter. Start by checking the converter breaker. don't know what model you have but there is a black charge wire from the converter on one side of a 30 amp block type fuse perhaps behind your batteries and Hydraulic pump..It may be loose..Be careful as that is what caused my meltdown.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
You might also check the ground wire from the battery for a good ground connection.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
rlrich
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5319
There are two 30 amp reverse polarity fuses in my 12 volt fuse block. My converter was not charging and I found one of these fuses to be blown. I believe these 2 fuses are sometimes mounted on the converter itself. May be worth checking.
rlrich is offline   Reply With Quote