Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Inverter stopped working

My search function stopped working so don't know if this has been discussed previously. I only need the inverter when travelling with the residential fridge on. Noticed fridge wasn't working. Pressed the reset on the inverter and it started and the fridge started working. Moved again and the same thing happened. Now the inverter won't reset, acting as though it's dead, but my batts are still at full charge. What's the next thing(s) I need to do?

phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:50 AM   #2
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Your inverter and your converter are two separate tools, One changes 125v AC to 12v DC for your batteries. the other changes DC 12V to AC 125V for your refrigerator, Sounds like you need a new inverter.

Mark
Old 02-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #3
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
May have answered my own question after locating and reading the manual for the inverter. Of course, Keystone mounted my inverter upside down and sideways from my convenient field of view, but I now know the inverter has LEDs, its own 15a fuse for me to check, and a 100a fuse should be located between the inverter and positive battery cable, somewhere. If either is blown I can replace it. OTOH, that would beg the question, why did it blow? I'll report my success or failure.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
Dead Fridge Inverter

Mine just blew. It is at the dealer being replaced.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:54 AM   #5
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
you can try a reset. Unplug the inverter from the outlet, then go to the Inverter battery cut off above the battery and turn it off. let it sit for 20 seconds or so then turn it back on and plug in. try pushing the button and see if that works.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:27 PM   #6
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Check the ground, won't work if ground has come loose.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #7
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Both fuses checked fine and ground is good. AND, the inverter is now working. Guess I'll wait till it acts up again.