Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2007, 06:36 AM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Some Tips from the pros sought

As everyone probably knows we are now taking delivery of our first 5er next Saturday.
We are really excited but now I want to tap all you pro 5er haulers.
Could someone give me a step by step procedure for hooking up. Don't take anything for knowledge for granted.
And a step by step procedure for off loading the trailer at your storage or camp site. Again don't take it for granted of any prior knowledge. Particularly the correct use of the front jacks, hitching to the 5th wheel plate, unhitching from the 5th wheel plate and things to double check.
I don't want to drop my 5er onto the truck as I saw one fella in camp do.
Also I know someone said that the front jack bolts may need replacing or may break. I need to know how to avoid any trouble with that as I have no clue on cause of these problems and how to avoid them. I hear it had something to do with too much extension or retraction.

I know this is a pain so I can understand if no one wants to go to this much trouble.

Thanks all in advance
Bob
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote