Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2005, 04:46 AM   #21
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for your kind comments, OntMont. I enjoy posting as I was hungry for information before we got ready to leave on this trip. So I am happy to be able to share and possibly help someone plan for their trip. Helps me reminxxxxx (remember!), too.

I guess they will have access the connections for the water tank from below. Believe me, our area is very accessible! We are just four months past our warranty. This is certainly an unusual occurence and we hope that Keystone will recognize that. We've emailed them but no response yet.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:35 AM   #22
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
E-mail does not seem too effective with Keystone Customer Service. Get on the blower!
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 03:40 PM   #23
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, OntMont, Keystone may just prove you wrong this time. Probably because of the unusual circumstances of our failure (way far from home!) we have received two very encouraging emails from the folks at Keystone. They are calling the dealer in Anchorage and getting things set up so our repair can be done. Thank you, Keystone.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:50 PM   #24
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

Well, OntMont, Keystone may just prove you wrong this time. Probably because of the unusual circumstances of our failure (way far from home!) we have received two very encouraging emails from the folks at Keystone. They are calling the dealer in Anchorage and getting things set up so our repair can be done. Thank you, Keystone.
That is great news!
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:04 AM   #25
Montana_4027
Established Member

M.O.C. #4027
So... How far away from Anchorage are you? How much is diesel fuel up there?? We loved that area from the cruise ship..... so can't wait to see it from the land side!
Keep us informed on the repairs and other "adventures"...! This will be one to remember!!!
Montana_4027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:07 PM   #26
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Danny, we're in Fairbanks right now and the diesel is now more expensive than regular, at about $2.52 gallon. But the weather is beautiful and the mosquitoes aren't bad at all, so we're glad they neither of them is living up to its reputation.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:06 AM   #27
Montana_4027
Established Member

M.O.C. #4027
We were wondering about Internet access in that area...? I guess it's not too much of a problem.... but, tell us how you are handling it?
It will be interesting to see if your water tank is in Anchorage when you arrive!! I would imagine... that they get many travelers in for major repairs. We'll see...
Old 07-23-2005, 07:07 AM   #28
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Right now I am sitting in the parking lot of the Officers Club on Eielson AFB. Someone has a wireless system that we're on, I think it's an open line in the club. Other times we have stopped for gas and been on line. Most of the visitors centers, which are numerous, have computers. Sometimes you have to waitas others are there and there is also a time limit (30 minutes). One time I was allowed to connect with my laptop but that is not usually the case. Some places ask for a small donation ($2.00), others don't. I would definitely travel with wireless but also use the libraries and visitors centers to check email.

Keystone has continued to be in touch with us and supportive. We will be at Simmons RV on the 29th, I think, to get the repair done. We've talked to a man who has had work done there and they have a very good reputation. We're very relieved. Hope our expectations are met. The tank has been ordered and Keystone knows our time schedule.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:29 PM   #29
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Judy and Glenn - the pictures and the blog are wonderful. Thanks for including us.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:04 PM   #30
Montana_4027
Established Member

M.O.C. #4027
We are watching the Blog and enjoying the pictures!! So.... don't thing we have all abandon you. We're waiting to see how the repairs go and hear about all of your adventures.
Be safe, take care.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:13 PM   #31
Montana_4027
Established Member

M.O.C. #4027
Judy,
We are really enjoying your Blog and all the great pictures!! It is wild country up there, that's what we loved about it. Be sure to tell us the details of your 'repair adventure' at Simmons RV in Anchorage.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:22 PM   #32
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
At this point I don't know when we're going to get to Anchorage to try out Simmons repair services. Our truck is in Fairbanks at the Dodge dealer and we won't know until tomorrow what is needed to get it repaired. Then we can only pray that they have the part. We could be stuck here at Denali for a week or it could be repaired tomorrow. Time will tell.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:40 PM   #33
Montana_4027
Established Member

M.O.C. #4027
Judy~
We are glad to hear that you are safe in a park. Sounds like you may have gotten some bad fuel. It will be interesting to hear what it is. How are you going to pick up the truck?
Well.... I guess you are good right there.... until the snow blows!! Take care.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:50 PM   #34
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We think it is probably something in the fuel system, the pump or filter. The tow truck driver said that he buys his fuel where we did and has never had any problem with it.

Glen could either take the scenic train for $90 and have to stay overnite because it arrives late. Or he'll could ride in a van which leaves here around noon and arrives about 4:00 pm, so he can drive back the same day. He'll do the latter.

We are thankful, too, that we are safe in a park. We felt that we couldn't go out safely and just see if the truck would work. These mountains are no place for road testing. Especially with a big fifth wheel depending on you to get it over the mountain.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:38 AM   #35
Montana_4027
Established Member

M.O.C. #4027
We just read your Blog and we're very happy to hear that you are repaired and back on the road again! Even with a new truck,,,the fuel has to be good! Did it damage the fuel pump? Did something get past the filer? Are you headed to the RV dealer to see about the water tank?
We are in Seattle, visiting family.
Take care and travel save.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:02 PM   #36
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Check out our new thread. We're in Seward.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:11 AM   #37
Montana_4027
Established Member

M.O.C. #4027
We didn't find a 'new thread', but did see your updates on your Blog...... YES we wish we were there!! It is a beautiful place!!
Glad to see that you plenty of fish to eat...!
Old 08-09-2005, 07:01 PM   #38
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Cadanny, I hope by now you have found the new thread. I tried to post it soon after writing my previous note but the wireless connection was down. Monday morning the entire city of Seward was offline because their server isn't big enough to handle the Monday morning rush. There are more pictures on the blog since we came to Seward. Hope you saw those. Now we have plenty of fish to eat as we almost caught our limit today, 5 silver salmon and 4 halibut. Nothing huge but fun to catch and good to eat.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:41 AM   #39
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Have been following your travels though we have not been able to let you know til now how much we are enjoying all the good times you have been having--and how much we have been sympathizing with all the trials. Keep us posted--we are certainly anxious to hear the next adventure. Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:54 AM   #40
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I really appreciate everyone's encouraging words, Bowie, and enjoy sharing our adventures. Just don't want to have anything more than beautiful places and campgrounds to report on. We've had enough excitement for this trip.