Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Cambridge Photos

We finally got to see the new Cambridge today. Got a call back from TriAm in Ocala that one had come in and drove over to see it. I took several photos (inside and out) and have posted them to picture trail. If I did this correctly you should be able to view them along with descriptions of each photo at
http://www.picturetrail.com/joyceh

We were impressed, however noted a few things that could be improved. Guess they will need some feedback from customers to improve on some items. We will definitely be waiting a few months to see if improvements are forthcoming before considering a trade. If you have any questions after viewing the photos, I will try to answer them.

Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:02 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Good job Joyce! Thanks for the great photos!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:28 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Looks prity nice, I like all the storage space that they have added to this trailer, including the dump station, I did fail to notice where the sewer pipe was stored I'll go back and read some more I guess. it looks like a lot of other Montanas were added to create this trailer, The only negative thing I can say about the trailer is "PINK" too much pink. Too bad I cant afford one, I'd have to sell my house and full time it, and that will never happen with me, 30 days is all I can take in any kind of box. Thanks for the great pictures.

TT2

Old 03-01-2005, 04:05 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Beautiful job, Joyce! Very thorough! Thanks for posting these pictures and descriptions.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:02 PM   #5
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Joyce, Great job of showing the new generation of 5ers. We enjoyed seeing the pictures. I asked our dealer when he was getting one in and he just laughed at me. Oh well.
Paul
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:16 PM   #6
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Joyce,

Thanks for the pictures!! Excellent job. Maybe we'll get to see one of these at our dealer soon. Its fun to look even if these things are a little too rich for our blood.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Great pictures, Joyce. Thanks for all your work posting them. The overhead cabinets are missing from over the dining area and bedroom vanity. We'd have to leave some stuff at home, I guess. But it's a beautiful unit.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:54 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Great job Joyce but I'm afraid I'm not all that impressed. The one compartment for all the tank valves and connections is great. A lot was more cosmetic than anything else and something that we can do without.
I'll go along with all the oohs and aahs but I'll save my money and stick with the Montana line.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:13 AM   #9
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Glad everyone enjoyed the photos. Thanks for taking the time to view them. Ocala is about an hour from us and it was a good way to spend the day. Drive back through the horse farms was beautiful. Don, not sure where you saw "pink"?? I assure you there was no pink in this unit, mostly shades of browns this color scheme was called Amberwood, I believe. According to Tom, the sewer hose storage was the same as the MOntana. Glen & Judy, I also noticed no storage over dining & BR chest, I am not sure this unit has as much storage as our 3295RK, but is close with some of the additions.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:23 AM   #10
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
Outside view looks sort of "fat" for want of a better word toward the front. Have they suspended some structure below the frame toward the front?? It looks a lot "thicker" through that area then the big sky.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:46 AM   #11
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Gruffy, The underneath suspension was discussed earlier as the Cambridge does seem to set lower than the Montana. Unfortunately we forgot to ask the salesman why this was done. However since it is a brand new unit I doubt he would have had an answer. Tom and I can only suggest this was done to allow for more storage in the outside storage areas. I must say the "basement" area seemed larger than our basement in the 3295RK and there was also the addition of the smaller door under the front cap. Last week when we returned from Orlando we saw a Cambridge headed south on the FL Turnpike. I must say it was certainly an eye catcher and looked very sleek and appealing traveling down the highway. In our opinion the addition of the suspension underneath did not detract from the appearance of the unit, but could perhaps be a concern for lower clearance level.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:00 AM   #12
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
thanks for the pics. very nice unit. has alot of features that I like. getter the 5vr closer to the motorhome quality feeling.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 02:19 AM   #13
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Thanks for the photos --it is quite interesting to finally see the Cambridge in a lot of detail. The proximity of the front jack corners to the ground gives us some serious concern. Guess if we were considering buying one we would measure the distance of the corner bottoms from the ground. Then would cut some dowels and attach (duct tape) to the same corners of the Monty to simulate the new corner levels of the Cambridge. That would allow us to see if we could actually get in and out of our driveway and navigate through some of the state parks we like without breaking off the dowels (ie-dinging in the Cambridge corners). Appreciate your efforts Joyce and Tom!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 02:56 AM   #14
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Joyce,
Thanks for the pictures. When we were looking, I had my camera in hand but was in such "awe" I never too even one.
Dave.

BTW, did you happen to notice what was pulling the Cambridge you saw on the highway?
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:33 AM   #15
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Dave & Victoria, Sorry didn't notice what tow vehicle was in use. You know how it is when you meet a unit going in the opposite direction at 60+mph. Before I could get the word "Cambridge" out of my mouth it was almost past us. Tom only got a quick side glance and rear view mirror sighting. We tried to get some specs on weight, exterior length, etc, but as was posted earlier there just is not much written info out there yet. The salesman we were talking to is going to try to get some additional info for us and forward on. I will post any additional info here on the forum as we get it.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:38 AM   #16
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Joyce
Thanks for the pictures and discriptions. We have wanted to look at one but there is not a dealer close to us.
Has anyone seen a price on these yet?
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:45 AM   #17
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Joyce,
Thanks for the excellent pictures, really enjoyed them. A beautiful rig, in addition to the comments already made I thought the way the 50 amp cord was utilized was a great idea.
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:47 AM   #18
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Joyce, Thanks for posting the great pictures, I had not had the opportunity to see one. Sure is a beautiful unit. I like the no flowers pattern too!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:50 AM   #19
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
You did a very thorough job on the pictures! Thanks for sharing them. I was on the updated Keystone website today--much improved by the way--and the photo gallery they offer for the Cambridge pales in comparison to what you have offered us.

This is certainly a beautiful 5er, inside and out, but I must confess that as a person preparing to buy a 3295RK, I believe the Montana’s exterior offers a more pleasing package to the eye, especially in regards to creating an outdoor ambiance. I realize that is not what Keystone is going for with the Cambridge, but it was the creative and attractive mixture of mountain scenes on the Montana that caught my attention enough to make me venture to the nearest dealer. When I returned home, I told my wife I had seen the brand for our next rig. When she made the journey back with me, she too was convinved.

Still, I would love to see a Cambridge in person, and anyone who has dollars enough to purchase one ought to be traveling--or sitting up in a park--in style!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 02:01 PM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I think I would have some concerns with the low frontend but the more I think about it the less I think it would really be a concern while towing. But when setting up on a site sloping up I'm not sure there's enough leg on the landing gear to be able to lower the nose enough to get level. Most sites are not a problem but occasionally we've had really offlevel sites, front to rear.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote