Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Are your Cabinets Finished?? Please Look

Ok while checking all the cabinets for the beatles, we ran across something very odd. All our bottom cabinets in the kitchen have a polyrethane on them ...snmooth finish inside on door...all the cabinets above have no polyurethane finish on them ...nothing but bare wood. Also the ones that are located by the tv fireplace have none either. Now the ones that have the pull out baskets are....So not every cabinet is polyurethane finish? I read where if they have this finish they are less likely to be attack by these beatles.
Also does anyone know the makers of the cabintery, and if so could you please email or post the infomation on this...I thought when we purchase this they had a tag hanging on the cabinet about a 10 year warranty or someting, but I must of thrown that away. Thanks everyone

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 03:03 AM   #2
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Don't know whether or not it is polyurethane, but all our cabinet doors have a smooth finish on the inside. Sounds like somebody forgot something on yours. I'd certainly ask the dealer about it.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 03:52 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Ours are all finished, inside and outside of all the doors and drawer fronts. I would bring this to the attention of you dealer. (Take a look in some other units on their lot for comparison). I did have the name of the cabinet mfr, I'll see if I can find it again.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:34 AM   #4
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Would really appreciate the name OntMont....We never thought to look at each inside door when we purchased the unit. The doors that do have the smooth finish are so nice and then the ones without are so rough. Another thing to put on checklist when doing PDI!
Old 05-21-2006, 05:33 AM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Bob, call Keystone in Goshen, IN tomorrow am (they won't let me give the numbers here, so check the number at: http://www.keystone-montana.com/?page=contact) and ask the name and phone number of the cabinent mfr. They would be more than happy to give you that info.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:46 AM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Thanks that is what we will do.