Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #21
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
I'm retired too, but I value my leisure more than you!!
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigskyjimmy

Yes you are correct but hey for 8 bucks and 30 min to replace them no big and I am retired I need something to do sometimes
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by washley1

When I first saw those lights I thought "how cool". After a bit of thought I said "just another item to go bad with wind and weather". Sounds like I was correct! I'll add my own bling!

washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have 18 feet of the LED lights that we have never installed .Thanks for the tips for proper installation bigskyjimmy. we will install them under the main awning.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:19 PM   #23
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Not sure what brand Ya bought Rich but their is Great You Tube Video's on this subject as well, my 2015 already had the Basic Plasma white/bluish color strip from the Factory not the crazy multi colored controlled one's with a remote Etc..(a little much even for this "bling" loving dude) and mine were pre-Wired and were laid in a Plastic channel to protect them from the moisture better than my Cap/ eyebrow lights that are more open to the elements,but anyway you will like them when you are sitting outside on a nice summer night it gives a nice Glow
Old 07-23-2016, 05:20 AM   #24
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
Concerning coating the eyebrow light strips on the cap with dielectric grease, will the grease attract dust and dirt? Have used the dielectric grease on electrical connections not exposed but not on things on the outside of things.

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
navybanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:49 AM   #25
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Good point! and the grease acts as a fly catcher at night I forgot to say when I put Dielectric grease over them I coat them real good on the sides of the strips so it goes in all the crevices where moisture can get underneath THEN wipe all the excess off with rubbing alchohol and then you are O.K. thanx for bringing that up navybanker
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by navybanker

Concerning coating the eyebrow light strips on the cap with dielectric grease, will the grease attract dust and dirt? Have used the dielectric grease on electrical connections not exposed but not on things on the outside of things.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:10 AM   #26
scott-pati
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12894
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Everything used in RV's no matter how expensive, like the Space Shuttle, come from the low bidder for that type of item. Whether it's electronics in our rig or marble counter tops and floors for a high end Class A it still all comes from the low bidder.

At least the Space Shuttle makes it to outer space and back and lasted 30 years. Our RV's barely make it alive from a trip threw I-95!

But anyway, our LED's started out blue and were messed up after a year. Went to the rally and 15 min with a tech and they replaced mine with white LED's which is what I asked for so I can have them on while driving at night.

scott-pati is offline   Reply With Quote