Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Extended Warranty Companies names?

I, like a lot of other people here are interested in Extended Warranty for out rigs but most of the talk is "do your research". I agree but:

My question is what is the name of the Companies you have had good luck with and bad luck with? For the most part this is hard to find out on the web.

I was going to go with "Go RV Network" aka (I think) "Warranty Experts" but have read about problems that people have had with them, so looking for specifics here.

Thanks in advance for any input on this and happy camping to all.
Dick

rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
If I could remember the name of the company I was with I'd sure let you know, but I don't. Some time ago (couple years) someone asked this same question and I researched and dug up all the old material I had and gave the name of the company but I can't find that info now. All I remember is that for the Montana I got the warranty through the dealer and for the truck it was through Ford Motor Co. (again, through the dealer). I've always been of the opinion that getting it through the dealer means they are willing to work with the warranty provider. Some have gone out and picked their own warranty provider. The only one I've done that with is Good Sam's Continuing Service Plan (CSP). I only did that because of their reputation.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Waranty experts is a Insurance agency that sells many types of policies no different than your local insurance agent that may offer policies from many different companies. They did have a problem a couple of years ago but that was resolved..Check them on BBB.We got Rv shield through Warranty experts. Many agencies sell RV shield.Somehow folks think that Warranty Experts IS the Extended Warranty (service contract) not so they are just the seller. I have never had any contact with Warranty experts since we purchased the contract and we have used it three times. When you have a problem you contact the " contract Administrator listed on the policy..
We were looking to buy the RV shield service contract..Warranty Experts sold it..we purchased it.. that wa sit for warranty experts

http://www.shieldwarranties.com/2210...hield%20II.pdf
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Ours was also through the dealer. StarRV was the name, here is the brochure:
http://www.inds.com/brochures/corp/StarRV_Insert.pdf
To date, they have replaced (with no qualms) our Apollo oven, two front jacks and the hydraulic pump system for the slides.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Dick--I used Warranty Experts (aka Go RV Network) to sign up for an extended warranty with Star RV last year. When we went to file a claim this year, we found out that Warranty Experts had failed to send the contract application to Star RV, although Warranty Experts had completed the charge to my Visa card last year. So when I contacted Star RV about the claim, all they could do is tell me to contact Warranty Experts. I'm working with Warranty Experts now to see how this situation is going to get resolved.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by David and Jo-Anna

Dick--I used Warranty Experts (aka Go RV Network) to sign up for an extended warranty with Star RV last year. When we went to file a claim this year, we found out that Warranty Experts had failed to send the contract application to Star RV, although Warranty Experts had completed the charge to my Visa card last year. So when I contacted Star RV about the claim, all they could do is tell me to contact Warranty Experts. I'm working with Warranty Experts now to see how this situation is going to get resolved.
From my research it sounds like you are not the first that this has happened too. Let me know how you get it resolved.

Happy camping,
Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Whenever we found out that Warranty experts was having a problem as David above had we called the Contract Administrator as listed on our contract (RV shield) and asked them if our RV shield contract had been properly processed. It had and it was valid. We purchased our contract through Warranty Experts on 11/10/06. Perhaps David can tell us when he purchased his contract so we can narrow down the time the problems occured. I would suggest that anyone who purchased a contract through Warranty Experts call their contract administrator..That would be the number you call to get prior approval and make sure it was processed. You can Google RV shield or Star RV and find a dealership or agency to purchase a contract. Both Rv shield and Star RV are good Service contracts and are in no way connected with Warranty experts.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #8
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
I signed the application from Warranty Experts for a contract with Star RV in March 2008. At that time, I was told Warranty Experts was no longer doing business with RV Shield and was now selling contracts with Star RV. When I found out last month that Warranty Experts had never forwarded the application to Star RV, Warranty Experts told me they were now no longer selling contracts with Star RV and were now working again with RV Shield. They never explained why they were switching back and forth between these different companies. I have no reason to question the reliability of either Star RV or RV Shield.

I agree with Rich--if you worked with Warranty Experts, contact your Contract Administrator and make sure that they have received the application and have you in their database. Once the contract has been accepted by the Contract Administrator, you should be past the problem phase with Warranty Experts. However, buying your extended warranty thru a nearby dealer that you normally go to for repairs has the advantage of getting the dealer to work on your side in making sure a future claim is accepted by the extended warranty company. Since we are full-timing, we didn't have a local dealer to work with.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #9
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Hypothetically speaking (just hypothetically, you know), what if your extended warranty is through your dealer, and then the relationship between you and the dealer goes sour? Or, in this economy, what if your dealer goes out of business?

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #10
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
We recently bought an 07 Dodge and have Sterling for extended warranty.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:10 AM   #11
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
We purchased Xtraride. It`s through RV Shield. Bought our contract through a dealer.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #12
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wayne and Carolyn Mathews

Hypothetically speaking (just hypothetically, you know), what if your extended warranty is through your dealer, and then the relationship between you and the dealer goes sour? Or, in this economy, what if your dealer goes out of business?

Carolyn
It can be used at any dealer.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:29 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you purchased a contact like StarRv or Rv shield and many others the contract with them not the dealer or Agency. We have used our RV shield contract at 3 different places.If the contract IS dealer backed then you would most likely be out of luck which is why we avoided the contract from Good Sam because as far as we cound reseach the Good Sam ESP is only backed by G.S. Id the went belly up so goes your contract. Ofcourse there is nothing to sat that any service contract company may go belly up...
Old 08-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #14
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
With our contract, we have to return to the dealer for service. IF the rig has problems on the road, we can call and request that the dealer authorize service from somewhere closer to us, but only IF we can't get back to the dealer's shop.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #15
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
As I said ours can be used at any dealer but if we go back to the selling dealer we save $25 off our hundred dollar deductible.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:20 AM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
"With our contract, we have to return to the dealer for service. IF the rig has problems on the road, we can call and request that the dealer authorize service from somewhere closer to us, but only IF we can't get back to the dealer's shop. "
Carolyn

Hummm. That is a bit strange. I sounds like it is a Dealer only backed contract. Can you read your contract and find out the contract name.IE: Rv shield, Starr Rv, ect. Then who is the Contract administrator and the financial obligator. They should be clearly stated on the contract
Old 08-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #17
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Mine is Prizm through Warranty Experts. Both gray tanks went out on me and they only charged one $50 deductible (they were 2 separate instances that happened fairly close together. I just chose to get them fixed at the same time). They technically could have charged two separate deductibles.

I quizzed the repair technician - not a Montana/Keystone dealership, just an an authorized RV dealer (small) - and he replied that the insurance company gave him no problems and paid him everything on labor and extra parts. He was very happy, so I was very happy.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #18
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You may note that 3 of us have purchased through Warranty Experts and we purchased 3 differnt Service contracts enforceng that Warranty Experts is a Agency that sells insurance contracts and NOT a warranty company. If you do not want to buy through Warranty Experts find another agency
Old 08-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #19
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Rich, I just sent you a PM. You are right about them being a broker. I purchased from the same person at Warranty Experts as you did and only 2 weeks later and mine is called "THE PLAN"
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Rich, I will call tomorrow and check on mine to make sure they sent it in. I love the address it is 14755 NORTH FORTY ROAD. Maybe that is better than the SOUTH FORTY.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote