Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2008, 03:26 AM   #1
paperheart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7541
Help with sapphire blue decor

My new 08 trailer has it, trying to find linens and rugs to match, anyone have luck with this "odd" blue? The only reason we chose this decor color was that the new darker mingled carpet will be lots less revealing. The main thing I'm looking for is the bedskirt/dust ruffle. Some said they made theirs but not even sure if I could find an exact match fabric. Thanks for any help, paper

paperheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:02 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Try a Google search on the words "sapphire blue linen." You may be able to get it or the material on-line.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:18 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Cannot help you much with the color, cept for this:

I made a bedskirt from sheets. So, try JCPenney, Target, etc for finding sheets to match, solid color, was my preference.

Good luck, enjoy that new rig.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
paperheart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7541
Thanks Waynem and Carol. I have looked for the sapphire online, all sapphire is not the same as the Montana sapphire. I am going to check with Keystone to see if they can help. Was hoping more people on the moc had the same color. We do like it, just difficult to find things. Blue is not "in" right now either.
Thanks again, paper
Old 01-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
paperheart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7541
Carol, any such thing as instructions for making the bedskirt or did you just experiment till you got it? Thanks, paper
Old 01-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Basically I cut three pieces, one for each side and one for the foot of the bed.

I cut them long and high enough to allow for seams, etc.

I then sewed velcro (the soft part, don't sew the loop side unless you HAVE to, it is nasty, it breaks needles, and more, sighh) on the top of each piece of the skirt.

The loop stuff was stapled to the bed, lift the mattress, get close to the top.

Velcro to velcro, and away ya go.

I made in 3 parts in case one of my beloved, spoiled yorkies decided to annoint the skirt. Figured that way I would only have to wash the part that was yorked. As Murphy would have it, or in this household, as the yorks would rule, so far, knock on wood, none of them have decided that they need to mark the skirt. Now you all know, if I had made in one big long piece, they would have started marking before I was finished sewing.

So, I guess the yorks can read my mind, eh?

OHHH, since you are having trouble matching the blue, what other colors are there that you could use as contrast?? That is where I would start looking next.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote