Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
ejc1214
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5232
Fold-A-Cover

Hello all,
Looking for some members that have used this bed cover and find out how much water they are getting in the truck bed in rain storms. Would love to get this or another type that would keep my truck bed dry and give me some security also. Any help appreciated. Thanks

ejc1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Mine has been on since March of last year.The security is great. I just opened up the cover and looked inside after the truck had been sitting in the driveway all winter through rain and snow and melting and is is dry as a bone. There is some light at the bottom of the tailgate(has nothing to do with the fold-a-cover) but there is a seal kit for that but I just went to ace hardware and got some home weather stripping for 1/3 the price and it works well...Note..with the cover folded up you CAN NOT see the hitch unless your neck is about 2 feet long( that problem is solved with the new mirror on the front cap) You can use a old magnetic CB antenna painted school bus yellow stuck on the rear of the hitch and that works well.
Forgot to mention Have the draw-tite 16K hitch.same as Reese 16K hitch and it fits under the cover..no problem
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
gitrdun
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4075
I got a bed cover America. Powder coated and locks. Not cheap but will last as long as you own your truck or more. Guaranteed not to leak and no one can come along and cut a hole in it. My fifth wheel hitch stays in the truck and out of the weather.
gitrdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:16 AM   #4
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
We went for the xtang since it had the cross supports built in, Vecro down both sides, and a latch at the tailgate to keep it tight. It is a role up type as the folding type interrupted the 5th wheel placement in a 2500HD standard bed truck
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:15 AM   #5
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
We have had a fold-a-cover on our Dodge for over a year and it has kept the bed virtually moisture free. Very little, if any, water gets into the bed when the cover is closed. It also holds up well to the weight of snow. I agree with Richfaa that you can not see the hitch when the cover is open (we have a quad cab) but my wife and I have worked out a good system for getting hooked up. I like the mirror in the new Monty's for that reason.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:31 AM   #6
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
Have had an Access Tonneau Cover for 5 and 1/2 years on my 2500 Dodge, it has been a great accessory.

JP
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:23 AM   #7
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
I have a truxedo roll-up cover on mine. Great for keeping the hitch out of the weather and we like to haul enough firewood to last the weekend when we go. Keeps it nice and dry during a brief downpour.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:41 AM   #8
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Guys I have an American Rolling Cover that work great while not towing. It is black power coated and holds up to 300 lbs on top of it. I would never apply that much, but just in case. It was easy to install and has drain channels that has not allowed any wated in my bed at this point. You may get some small leak around the tail gate if you use a pressure wash to clean the vehicle. Ordered it on line from AutoAnything.com.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
joe2speed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1268
Had a fold a cover installed when I bought my truck. Cost $710 in 2002. Thought it was alot but got it anyway. Glad I did. Keeps the bed fairly dry. Might get a little wet when we get alot of wind and rain. Got to be careful with a short bed if you don't slide the hitch back and you back up or down a grade you might catch the folded cover under the front of the fiver. All in all I think they are a great cover. You can open either the front of the back section to get into the bed, and both ends have a lock.
joe2speed is offline   Reply With Quote