Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Relocation

Hi all, Its official, we move to Picacho Peak, January 2nd 2010. I called camping world and they are closed because of the New years. I got the number for the camping world in the Tucson AZ area.They don't have a service center. I would like to have the Bearings packed we have traveled about 4000 miles since we left Oregon. 2007. Does anyone know of a good shop in Tucson were they can pack the bearings? thanks for your help. Randye

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
If I remember right, next to CW there's Beaudry RV they should have a service department.I think they even have a Beaudry camping resort right behind their dealership,they also sell Montana's.
Here's their website.
http://www.beaudryrv.com/CONTACTLOCA...8/Default.aspx
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:50 AM   #3
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
thanks for the website, Camping World in Albuquerque gave me thier number, I called yesterday, early and still have never got back a call. does anyone know if they do the work well? We will only have maybe a couple of days. The company wants us at Picacho the 6th or sooner.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:23 AM   #4
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by randye

thanks for the website, Camping World in Albuquerque gave me thier number, I called yesterday, early and still have never got back a call. does anyone know if they do the work well? We will only have maybe a couple of days. The company wants us at Picacho the 6th or sooner.
This may be why you haven't gotten a call back:

"Arizona’s Beaudry RV Idles Third of Its Work Force

December 16, 2009 by RV Business

Arizona RV dealer Beaudry RV laid off 51 of its combined 165 Tucson and Chandler employees Tuesday (Dec. 15), a result of the downturn in the RV business, said Beaudry RV CEO Thomas Sylvester.

Sylvester said he did not know the breakdown of the layoffs between Tucson and Chandler but that the combined work force now stood at between 112 and 115 at the two locations, according to the Arizona Daily Star.

He said there would also be a no-pay furlough of all employees from Dec. 23 through Jan. 2.

Beaudry RV emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy this summer."
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:22 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If all you want is to have the bearings packed, there are several options other than RV dealers. Good tire and wheel shops can do it. Farm and ranch stores that handle all kinds of trailers can do it. Places that service the fancy horse trailers is another option.

I suspect you can have it done when you get to your destination. Have your local wheel tech. Pop off the end caps and determine if you really need it to make your trip.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
thanks for the FYI. I finally got ahold of CW in Alb,NM. Set it up for the 4th, we will still leave here the 2nd of Jan. We plan to get away asap take a couple of days off. then hit the road again after CW gets the Wheel Bearings Packed. They set the App. between 8 and 8:30 A.M. Hopefully its a sunny day we can put out the lounge chairs we bought there first of the year and visit with others getting service on their rigs. We will head down towards I-10 and take a short cut to a town called Hatch, it brings us out, before the Bowlins Store called Butterfield Station, We will stay one night there, since that is the Co. we work for and its free, then free Diesel at the fuel station there and back on the road, we will then stay at one of the Camp USA Rv Parks and get half off. The DW wants to drive down to Mexico, park walk across and see whats to see. We should be on the road again on the 6th arrive at Picacho that afternoon. Set up before dark, I hope and the 7th get a nickel tour of our new work area. Thanks again for all the Info. Randye
Old 01-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
carls rv in tucson is great.
here are others
http://www.google.com/search?q=rv+re...rlz=1I7GGLL_en
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:59 AM   #8
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stiles watson

If all you want is to have the bearings packed, there are several options other than RV dealers. Good tire and wheel shops can do it. Farm and ranch stores that handle all kinds of trailers can do it. Places that service the fancy horse trailers is another option.

I suspect you can have it done when you get to your destination. Have your local wheel tech. Pop off the end caps and determine if you really need it to make your trip.
We just had our wheel bearings repacked and brake lining replaced as well as having them adjusted properly by a non-Keystone service garage. However, this place is run by a Montana-savvy manager. He knows what is necessary because he also owns a Montana.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote