Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2019, 03:43 AM   #21
brogans424
Established Member

M.O.C. #23975
YorkMontana- I do hope you get your KeyTV issue resolved. Have you tried the attenuator yet?

We finally got our issue resolved. I had tried 3 dB, 6 dB and 9 dB attenuators with no results. We hooked up our old Winegard RV antenna directly to the tv and got about 4 stations. So I knew it was the KeyTV that had the issue. I then contacted Keystone again. Explained all the things we tried and they agreed that there was a problem in our KeyTV system somewhere. (Possibly loose wires)

We took the RV back to the dealer and they troubleshooted the problem there. Our dealer, CW in Nashville, have been helpful. They couldn’t get any tv stations either. Ended up replacing the KeyTV module and it received 60 stations there. (No wonder, large city) Brought the RV home and I got 16 channels at home. We’re in a rural area and the closest station antenna is 15 miles. We are camping this weekend and will test it out there.

brogans424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:21 AM   #22
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
TV issues

Response from Keystone Service: I am sure this is a frustrating for you and your family. From what we have been able to determine, the challenge is being created by the TV antenna and in fact, the Key TV system is working properly. When in close proximity of transmitting TV Tower, the stronger signal can cause interference with the Furrion TV antenna causing problems scanning local channels. If you don’t typically camp in the area near TV towers, simply rescan for channels once you are at your destination and they will pull in fine. However, if you typically camp in close proximity of TV towers, you can simply unplug the coax connection from the KeyTV coax plate(typically located right behind the TV) and your channels will scan in. Unfortunately, “close proximity” to the TV Tower is relative to many things such as how powerful the TV tower is, how many buildings, hills/valleys and so forth are between the TV tower(s) and the Furrion TV antenna on the camper so there is no easy way to provide an exact distance when this can occur. If you would like further assistance, please feel free to call us toll free at 1-866-425-4369.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:27 PM   #23
TomWorsh57

M.O.C. #24386
Our Brand new 2019 Montana High Country 385BR. Living Room and Bedroom TV both scanned and received OTA channels during PDI. Got home , scanned for our local channels, get zero. Attached a cheap HD antenna to bedroom tv and get 38 channels. Checked connections at KeyTV device, they were tight, but at each tv and wall connections they were about to fall off. Still no luck with OTA channel scan. Only connections I haven’t checked is the antenna on the roof.
Additionally I have DirecTV at my home. Using an available connection I ran about 40’ of RG6 to the SAT connection point in the basement. I reactivated an extra HD receiver, ran thru set up got error code during set up. ATT sent a tech out, we ran the RG6 cable from dish direct to receiver, it worked flawlessly.
I did some trouble shooting today, checking connections, etc. I discovered that I can get direcTV to work thru the KeyTV connection in the basement if I disconnect the coax from the Cable/OTA connection on the plate behind the TV. It only works if just the SAT coax is used.
Seems to me it’s a KeyTV problem.
Does anyone know if the manufacturer will send a replacement directly to me.
We bought our coach in Huntsville, AL and moved 350 miles to the Gulf Coast. We have owned it 2 weeks.
I absolutely refuse to do business with the local CW. They have a terrible reputation.
Especially with something I can change myself in 5 mins.
TomWorsh57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #24
Edgray

M.O.C. #24431
Is it possible to have the KEYTV System installed on 2019Montana purchased before Oct 2018?
Edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #25
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgray View Post
Is it possible to have the KEYTV System installed on 2019Montana purchased before Oct 2018?
Not sure why it would not be. Cost may shock you
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 03:40 PM   #26
Yorkmontana

M.O.C. #24405
Ask J Henry on here. He works for KeyTv he might be of assistance to you most likely the furrion antenna is the culprit
We are scheduled to take our rig back to ce next Saturday. Second time there since we purchased in April
Good luck.
Keep me posted if you get things resolved
I will let you know if we have any luck
Yorkmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:07 AM   #27
JeffBaker8011
Established Member

M.O.C. #23949
Awesome. Will try the work around approach first. If no joy it's under warranty so when I take it in for a couple of other minor issues they can take care of it then.
JeffBaker8011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:09 AM   #28
JeffBaker8011
Established Member

M.O.C. #23949
Will do
JeffBaker8011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:49 AM   #29
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Bet these issues are enough to make people swear off the Tele or think about reverting to a tv setting that worked before all these latest and greatest hi tech additions to the rv world. I guess "bling" is the thing to capture market share these days.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:36 PM   #30
ADCUSN
Established Member

M.O.C. #24516
Keytv

Kicked around with this in our 2019, 3811ms, this system just does not work, keystone customer service is zero help, and belive me I have tried everything, when we get back to home base going to install dedicated coaxes for the main and secondary tv,with a direct connect to both receivers,keytv is junk, just another over engineered no working device,if anyone is successfully useing it pls let me know.
ADCUSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 05:52 PM   #31
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Do a Search here on KeyTV. Some have it working, others don't. KeyTV expects a certain type of equipment. If you have a Wally and a portable dome, it won't work well for you. Dedicated coax is the better solution in that case.

Take a look in The Files Section (http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...hp?do=cat&id=3) for KeyTV manuals.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:00 PM   #32
ADCUSN
Established Member

M.O.C. #24516
I have all the equip you mentioned, and use the reccomend cable leingth for the tailgater and the wally,the only way it will work is direct connect out the window,btw useing the key tv sys and the coaches interior cabling it would pick up only one of three satellites,keystone needs to work with dish and direct tv to solve this problem.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:20 AM   #33
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
there is a third satellite company, Shaw, out of Canada too.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:33 AM   #34
Lanny1763

M.O.C. #25556
ADUSCAN:

I can get my DISH sat receiver (Hopper) to operate going through the SAT coax of the Key TV. That's probably because my actual Dish antenna is the large dish installed by a DISH tech at my RV site, so it doesn't require power. If I was going to use my playmaker, I'm sure that the receiver wouldn't be able to send power back to the playmaker to work.

My biggest complaint with Key TV is that I am only 28 miles from all four major network's towers and yet I can only get 1 network (Fox) to tune in when doing a channel scan. When I did my walk-thru all stations were received, but that's because my dealer is in the metro area.

In my opinion, Keystone fixed something that wasn't broken. In my prior fifth wheel at this same site using a Jack antenna, I received all networks clear as a bell. Not impressed with the omni-directional antenna nor the Key TV setup.
Old 01-06-2020, 05:44 PM   #35
JDDilly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25257
We just returned from a 3 week trip and the KeyTV worked great. We used it with the cable system at some camp grounds and to get over the air when on the move. We do not have satellite, so can not comment on that.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2020 Montana HC 381TH, Sailun S637
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:29 PM   #36
ADCUSN
Established Member

M.O.C. #24516
Yes it will work good on cable and its I have no problem with that, it is the satellite function that is lacking.