Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
A big crack

We thought we had a lot of dirt on the side of our house but when we finally stayed long enough to clean it off it is a big crack on the wall just to the left of our entry door. This is not at a slide at all but between the awning and the door... Any suggestions besides trading it for the Big Sky???

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Time to call team Montana. Good luck, let us know what the results are.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Personally, I would be thinking Big Sky! Hope it's not a major thing to take care of.

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bill and Helen,

It could be just a cosmetic issue but it might be something more serious. Regardless it should be checked out at once! Don't take any more extended trips until you do.

I'm sure it would be safe enough to drag it to the dealer to trade in on the Big Sky!

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 AM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Just talked with Craig or Greg of the Team Montana. He has never heard of a crack above the entry door. He first asked if we had a hitch on the back of the unit. We do have a receiver hitch but it has never been used. How about bicycles hanging from the ladder he asked and we don't have that either. About all he could suggest is to get to a dealer and have them look at it to determine what needs to be done. His final reply was, I'm not saying Keystone would fix the crack and I'm not saying Keystone would not fix the crack. We do have an extended warranty from our dealer in Minnesota but that may be another issue.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote