Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Traded 3750FL for Updated 2013 3750 FL

Well we love the 3750 FL floor plan and the Hershey show is a great place to shop and look around. Well for ha's ha's we had a Keystone salesman work up a price trading our 2010 3750 FL for a 2013 with all the bells and whistles we didn't have in our 2010: slide toppers, 2 leather couches, outside entertainment center, level up system, 2nd fantastic fan, Onan 5.5 watt Generator. In talking with the product manager, the 3750 FL is going through a significant update on the inside and which will change the whole look of the inside. We are really excited about all of the updates which will make this floor plan more current and appealing.

snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Did they indicate specifically what updates will take place. Would love to hear?
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Artemus Gordon

Did they indicate specifically what updates will take place. Would love to hear?
I have a list in my office so it is not with me. Some things I remember are Cherry Glazed woodwork through out, a redesign of the front inside cabinets and tv area to include a 46" Sony TV hidden behind a retracting mirror, corian range top, corian back splash, big kitchen faucet, hard window curtain valences, upgraded carpet and padding, LED interior lights, frame less windows, and a 12" frame versus the current 10 inch frame. According to the product manager they wanted to elevate the appeal of the coach with a fresh look. We saw a 2013 Big Sky at the show with the package and it was awesome looking inside. No matter what you buy, there will always be something new and better so be careful to not drive yourself crazy knowing this. You have a beautiful fiver.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Lol. Ya I tend to do that ! Lolrof
Old 09-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
One thing Mike Mack, the Montana Manager, told me is that we will see the new stuff when we take the factory tour and look at the new rigs at the Rally.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:30 AM   #6
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Congrats on the new unit!
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:45 AM   #7
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

One thing Mike Mack, the Montana Manager, told me is that we will see the new stuff when we take the factory tour and look at the new rigs at the Rally.
Mike seems like a great guy and we must have spent close to two hours talking with him about the 3750 fl, getting his input on upcoming changes, and he getting our recommendations on improvements. He was fun to talk with. I'm not sure we can get out to see our rig being built but might try.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:37 AM   #8
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
it figures that they are introducing new products right after i purchased my "new" 2013 3400....oh well.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #9
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Congrats on the updated unit. The Alpine FL has a lot of neat features. Maybe some of them will be put into the 3750FL.

Would be interested in the other things on your list that you did not list.....thanks in advance.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Hopefully they also concentrate some energy on the things you don't see that drive you crazy after you actually use it a few times. I just reassembled the base of the bed for the second time after those little crown staples pulled loose. Put together with screws this time. Just one example of what I am talking about.
Enjoy your new camper.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mazboy

it figures that they are introducing new products right after i purchased my "new" 2013 3400....oh well.
Unfortunately there will always be a new camper, new gadget, new design, new features and i have been in your shoes. However, you have a beautiful camper and should feel great about it. I'm not sure if the updates apply to your model. I only talked with mike about the 3750. Enjoy your beautiful floor plan an d don't look back.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by snowhawk2

Quote:

Unfortunately there will always be a new camper, new gadget, new design, new features and i have been in your shoes. However, you have a beautiful camper and should feel great about it. I'm not sure if the updates apply to your model. I only talked with mike about the 3750. Enjoy your beautiful floor plan an d don't look back.
Ok it's driving me nuts! Lol. Really I can't help myself. Short of flying to the plant... I want pictures!!! Lol really can't wait to see pictures. Sounds like they want it to look better than the Infinity line... My guess.. Keep me in the loop!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #13
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok it's driving me nuts! Lol. Really I can't help myself. Short of flying to the plant... I want pictures!!! Lol really can't wait to see pictures. Sounds like they want it to look better than the Infinity line... My guess.. Keep me in the loop!
I'm with you Michael - must...know.....now! We even have a "2013" which is no different than a 2012. Too bad someone couldn't have stolen our second trailer too so we would get the new version NO, I did not say that!
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #14
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by seahunter

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm with you Michael - must...know.....now! We even have a "2013" which is no different than a 2012. Too bad someone couldn't have stolen our second trailer too so we would get the new version NO, I did not say that!
Funny, I thought of you when he made that post! Lol
Old 09-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #15
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I want pictures too because I don't really know what I'm buying, except that it will look different. I understand your thought process because we all want the latest and greatest. But really, you have an awesome fiver, and sleep well with what you have. I have thought about flying to the plant to see the coach being built but not sure if I can spare the time and incur the expense. I will keep you in the loop for sure. Mike Mack is at another show so there will be no communication with him this week. I will ask him for whatever he can provide.

Here is another thought if you knickers are really bunched up over this. The 3750 is outselling all other Montana floor plans and some dealers can't get enough of them. The only reason they did my deal, with what I owed which is too much like most camper owners, is that I was trading a late model Montana which are not in the used market. They will have no problem moving my unit and I wouldn't be surprised if it was targeted for sale before they get it. I know you don't have a 3750 so you might not want that floor plan.

So, if you want to have some fun, go to the Hershey PA show next year, and have them work up numbers. This is the biggest show in the country, all manufacturers people are there, and they give discounts you will get no other place.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:35 AM   #16
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Or if you can't wait until next Sept, you can always come down to Florida in Jan for the big Tampa show. Depending on what you read, some say the Hershey show is the biggest, others say Tampa. But I can guarantee there will be plenty of eye candy at the Tampa show.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:38 AM   #17
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:[i]
Here is another thought if you knickers are really bunched up over this. The 3750 is outselling all other Montana floor plans and some dealers can't get enough of them.
I've noticed other brands adding the front living room floorplan due to it's popularity - even saw last night that Mobile Suites is coming out with one.
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #18
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Congrats on the new rig, hope it gives many pleasant trips. Happy RVing...
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:11 AM   #19
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by seahunter

Quote:
quote:[i]
Here is another thought if you knickers are really bunched up over this. The 3750 is outselling all other Montana floor plans and some dealers can't get enough of them.
I've noticed other brands adding the front living room floorplan due to it's popularity - even saw last night that Mobile Suites is coming out with one.
We looked at them all at the show. We talked about the history of front living rooms with some manufacturers at the show. It seems what happened is Montana brought the floorplan back in 2010, and killed the market with it. Others followed with their versions, some with some nice things that I like and would want, but none that would cause me to give up what I have because it works. In talking with other manufactures, they have clearly not had the success Montana has had with their 3750, not even close. They really did a nice job with the front living room in the Montana. Having a Montana has spoiled us in some ways.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #20
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
MIke Mack called today and our 3750 will be built the first or second week of October. Beginning next week he shared they will begin building them with the new 12" frame and the new features. He expects to have a prototype of the bedroom wardrobe finished Monday. We were really impressed he followed up. Will keep you posted on the progress. Mike is really focused on customer satisfaction and we are really impressed with him.