Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
Grey Water leak

I am sure someone else has dealt with this problem and can probally lead me in the right direction. My front grey tank on my 2955RL is leaking. My tank level sensors don't work, but the tank appears to start leaking before it is really full. I was told once that normally you will have water backup into the shower when the tank is full. That never has happens, so I suspect the tank is leaking before it is actually full. I want to drop the tank but I can't figure out how the plumming lines are connected to the tank. Do I have to cut the lines in the basement to drop the tank? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are now full timing so I am hoping to drop the tank and fix the leak while we stay with friends in Bodega Bay.

Tony

tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
I dropped mine and repaired it. It was leaking at the top they will crack there because they flex up and down when filled and emptyed. the fittings are called spin weld and are solid to the tank you will have to cut the pipe about 2 or 3" above the floor and you can put it back together with a nohub band from lowes or HD. I had to cut the supply and the vent. also you will need to enlarge the hole where the pipes go thur the basement floor just be careful the tank is rite up against the floor. the tank sets on a ledge on one side the other has a pc of c-chanel with 2 screws on each end. you can drop the brace and let the tank slide alittle and it will come down. you can use the black abs glue if it is a small crack the glue will heat up and melt the tank alittle thats just my OP. Hope its a simple fix.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
SCDUCTMAN:
Thanks for the info. Is the ABS black glue available at Home Depot? I have to fix this thing because it gets very embarrassing to return to your dry camp, find a puddle under the Monty and have your neighbors complaining that you have overfilled your holding tank when you just arrived that day with dry tanks.
Thanks Tony
tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote