Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
Update on graphics

We have been corresponding with Keystone on replacing our graphics for the front of the trailer since May. I sent pictures of the peeling and they said we should receive new graphics in a couple of weeks. Well, follow up correspondence revealed that they were having difficulty with the vendor but they were still working on it.

Yesterday a package arrived and the Mountaineer Edition graphic was in the box, but not the stripes or the wide mountain stripe that goes across the front. I wrote Robyne at Keystone again and hopefully she can get this taken care of.

Of course, this has made me notice the graphics on RV's where ever we go. There are a LOT of peeling, cracking graphics on RV's out there! It seems like replacing these for travelers might be a good business to go into!

luvmywestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We received ours in three different shipments with no correspondence with any of them. I think we have all we need now.

Yes, there are a lot of bad graphics and a lot of albino noses out there. If we win a lottery we might check into having the graphics removed and full body paint applied. But it will require a significant lottery win!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Steve I am with you love that full body paint!! thats why I clear coated mine waiting on the ticket. but alast no lucky lottery ticket "YET".
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Our unit was two years old in April (manufacture date). The graffics are peaing all the way around. Will Check on them at the Rally.

Have a Good Day
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
We have one stripe at the top of the bedroom slide that has been peeling off while driving. This occured during the first six months of use. I'll be checking with the dealership to see if they can order that stripe. I'm being careful not to apply any wax to the decals and only use 303 protectant. I waxed the decals on our previous SOB. They lasted about 5 years before starting to crack and peel. I only hand wash and have never used a pressure washer on either trailer.
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
Well, we got shipment #2 today, and it is one HUGE M O N T A N A. We don't even have that on the front of our trailer. And the first one we got is a different design than the one that came on the trailer, but we had it put on anyway. I was looking up trailers for the same year, and it appears that some of them have different graphics, even within the same year. We think we'll save the big MONTANA and may use it to replace the one we just put on in case it peels again.

I did send pictures of the peeling graphics to Keystone, so expected to get the same ones back, but apparently I was wrong. We actually like the one they sent better. Has anyone seen different graphics used on the same trailer or 5er in the same year?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
They will put out two different designs in a year. Their year runs different than ours. They start a new design and year in about July or August if I'm not mistaken. Let's say yours is made in 2008 but it could be a 2009 design if it came out after a certain date.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:22 AM   #8
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
All our graphics were peeling off and looked terrible. We got no where with Keystone and gave up. We had a body/paint shop remove everything and repainted stripes and airbrushed a new design for the front. The paint shop was not able to duplicate the Montana design. We chose a "wolf howling at the moon" theme. They are not going to peel anymore! It cost us $3100 to complete and very happy with the results. I think it's a shame that Keystone didn't stand behind their graphics, we pay good money for these units and they should look the part. Good luck with your graphics!
RCMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #9
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RCMP03

We had a body/paint shop remove everything and repainted stripes and airbrushed a new design for the front.
It would be very interesting to see your results! Any chance you could post some pics?
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by luvmywestie

Well, we got shipment #2 today, and it is one HUGE M O N T A N A. We don't even have that on the front of our trailer. And the first one we got is a different design than the one that came on the trailer, but we had it put on anyway.
I guess I best break open the boxes and make sure ours are the correct graphics.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #11
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
If I have done this right, below is a photo of our new stripes and airbrush design. It's not the Montana theme, but then again it's not peeling and cracking!

[IMGhttp://i55.tinypic.com/5mn5g8.jpg[/IMG] Your picture is much too large. Please reduce it to comply with MOC picture policy before reposting. Thank you. RVWheels, MOC Admin.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #12
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
Let's try this again!

Old 08-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
luvmywestie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11479
[quote]Originally posted by RCMP03

Let's try this again!

That is SO beautiful!!! Wow! I will definitely know your rig if I see it out and about!
Old 08-16-2011, 03:57 AM   #14
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
Might be a bit over the top, but we love it! We wanted to have her all fixed up before full timing in eastern WA. The paint is still curing and won't be able to wash/polish until the end of the month. It's nice not having to worry about the peeling anymore. Maybe Keystone will make good on their product as they discover "Montana" labels are being removed (or falling off)! Not a good advertising statement.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:41 AM   #15
Ren
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10954
That looks awesome!