Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Jim-n-Kathy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7917
black water power flush problems

Hello all,
It's bee a very long time since we have been on the site. I guess our excuse is farr too much work and a few RV outings.
I have a problem that has me [a [pretty technical guy] stumped.
I always the power flush feature when dumping my black water tank. However, today as we returned from our 1st trip in 6 months, I hooked up the water hose to the outlet and turned on the water only to find that absolutely no flow was going into the tank. I verified the screen at the female coupler on the side of the Monty was not plugged. And I verified that I was applying 65 lbs full line water pressure. I know there is no valve in this flush system and I am stumped. I was trying to imagine that sewage debris in the tank may have plugged the orfices but I think that 65 PSI water would easily overcome that kind of thing. Can anyone out there help?
Thanks so much.

Jim n Kathy
2006 2955 RL
2007 Big Red Duramax
18 K Super Slider
Porta-Boat on the side
Very old Yellow Lab supervising all trips.....

Jim-n-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Jim,
There is a back flow preventer in the system and they do go bad. Not sure where yours is located but on mine it is under the lavratory sink. Others have reported theirs to be behind the shower in the pocket door cavity. Jim
Old 05-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
The same thing happened to me Jimthere are two things you can try .
1 disconect the anti sifon from the flush water line and try the air hose to the B tank after the anti sifon valve to see if the spray nozel in thew tank is pluged if not pluged and you hear air going in its the anti sifon valve that bad, if its the nozel you can try what I did for the nozel I got some rid ex and filled the B tank to the top and put the whole bottle of rid ex in the tank let it sit for about 4 days it cleaned the B tank and unpluged the nozel.
good luck.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
So Don if I put Rid-x in my black tank sometime it will help clean it out? I have tryed to clean mine and I had the same problem as Jim but after a while it started to spray have not tryed it lately. and we all know about me putting soap in mine LOL. I would like to put something in it that would clean it while it is in use.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scductman

So Don if I put Rid-x in my black tank sometime it will help clean it out? I have tryed to clean mine and I had the same problem as Jim but after a while it started to spray have not tryed it lately. and we all know about me putting soap in mine LOL. I would like to put something in it that would clean it while it is in use.
Bobby
Mine was in real bad shape Bobby I did not clean it out very good and left some in the tank , I guess sitting for a long period of time the stuff dried up over the spray nozel and it turned to cement if you know what I mean, I did the liqued dishwasher soap no luck, then somebody told me to use rid ex I did and it worked I was almost ready to take the spray nozel out but it cleared up for me. I will always clean my tanks and never let them set like that again.