Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
SunCoast RV dealer closing

We live in the Tampa Bay area and bought our 5er at Sun Coast RV in Pinellas Park. It's gone! Packed up in the dead of night and vanished. I went to the website and they list zero inventory at that site. There are still listings in Ocala, Jacksonville, etc, but my service guys are gone. It's a sad sad day. I guess we are going to have to bite the bullet and use Lazy Days for service close to home. Hopefully nothing major will happen during "snow bird season". Thought ya'll would like to know before you got your hopes up when coming down this way.

Joanie

CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Thanks Joanie, we were already aware of the closing and we were just as surprised as you were as we too dealt with Pinellas Park and when we left Clearwater back in May everything seemed fine. CraigA had posted the closing sometime ago.
BUT before leaving Florida I did stop in at Camping World to have a satillite dish installed and while waiting did stop in and talk to a couple Lazy Days people and to be honest I felt I could get just as good, if not better, service from LD as I did from Suncoast. In my opinion, since Jim Fisher left as General Manager their service went down hill
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I am afraid there are going to be many more to follow before the years end or next inventory time... Mudchief has told me, that there would be some bargains to be had by the end of the year and I believe he is going to be right..
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
We bought our first 5er at Lazy Days. It was a Keystone Hornet 27 ft with one slide. We traded up to the Montana 2955RL after only 6 months. We went to Suncoast because our 6 months dealing with Lazy Days made us crazy. They are all over you when you are looking and buying, but after you take possession...good luck with getting service to call back. I guess we will just have to deal with them again and be happy that we won't have to haul it too far when we need work done. Gonna make lemonade out of this lemon.

Joanie
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote