Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
Montana_6725

M.O.C. #6725
A Montana, maybe.

Hi all,

We just saw the Montanas and Mountaineers at the NW RV Show in Spokane. Now we're giving serious thought to cashing out and moving into a 5th-wheel fulltime. This site was recommended as a starting point.

We hope to learn lots more about these trailers.

Montana_6725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
IdahoBaird,

I was at the Spokane Show this afternoon, talked with some great folks there. You are right, this is a great place to get all the information you can imagine. Don't be shy, be sure to ask all the questions you have. You won't find a better group of people who are willing to help... Welcome to the MOC!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
And learn you will... We spent a year onthis forum before we picked up our 2007 3400RL this past July. This forum was invaluable in helping us stay out of trouble as we prepared to go fulltime. We continue to learn. You will love this.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Hey, hey, welcome to the Forum. This is the right place to get the right information about the right fifth wheel shared by the right folks. The collective creative synergy is phenominal. I like the Montana too.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:52 PM   #5
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hello IdahoBaird,

Welcome to the MOC, If you are looking for a new RV, this is the right place to start. We've got lots & lots of info off of this site over the last year or so. Ask away or just look over the topics, this is a great addition to owning a Montana, Mountaineer or a Big Sky. We bought ours a year ago November and never looked back.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:47 PM   #6
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Welcome Idahobaird you have come to the right place if a Montana is in your future. Please ask away, there are no stupid questions asked on here - I have yet to see one. Now on the other hand I have seen some stupid answers but somehow we usually get it sorted out.
If you have never owned a 5th wheel before it might be nice when you ask some questions as to your level of exposure so we know better how to respond - to a rookie or a seasoned camping veteran.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome to the MOC family IdahoBaird. As previously stated you have come to the right place especially if you are considering a Montana in your future. This forum had a lot to do with us purchasing our first Montana back in Sept 2003. We have full timed in it since Oct 2003. In a couple weeks we will be taking delivery on our 2nd Montana. You can't go wrong buying a Montana and becoming a part of the ever growing MOC family.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:32 AM   #8
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Welcome aboard. You have come to the right place for information. I wish I had known about this forum when we were looking. This is our second Montana and have not had a problem with either one. You won't go wrong with a Montana the problem you will have is picking out which one of the great floor plans that meet your needs.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:51 AM   #9
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Hello and Welcome, you have found yourself a great informational site and alot of very friendly Montana owners!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:47 AM   #10
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Welcom to the family! we are in roughly the same boat. While we have been camping in a TT for several years and are not new to the concept, we are "Movin' on up!" in the spring. (see our signature) The MOC is a really great source of information for all levels of expertise. Jump in and enjoy the experience.
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:09 AM   #11
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OF MOC, All the information you will ever need lie's with in this site, Greatest folk's that I have ever met, and you will agree after get into it here. We all all here to help if we can, none of us know all the answers but within the group everyone here has some expertice in one thing or another.
Ask away. Safe Travels John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:26 AM   #12
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
Welcome! There is allot of good information here!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:46 AM   #13
GlobalDouglas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6376
Welcome!!! Like you, I found this site while still looking at RVs. At the time I already had my eye on the 3400 and after several months seeking info from this site I finally signed on the dotted line! It seems we all agree.....this is a WONDERFUL site to get and give information! Good luck!
GlobalDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:22 AM   #14
Montana_6719

M.O.C. #6719
Welcome, IdahoBaird. I just joined this forum and am in pretty much the same position as you are--trying to decide on a 5th wheel. I've already learned a lot here and I'm sure you will too.

Just have to tell you since your name is IdahoBaird and you said you saw the Montanas in Spokane, one of the reasons I want to sell my house and go full-time is so that I can spend some time in Idaho. I lived in Coeur d'Alene for two years back in the early '70s and I left a piece of my heart there. My husband and I took a cross-country trip in 2004 and we drove up to Spokane and over to Coeur d'Alene after leaving Portland "on the way" to Yellowstone.

Montana_6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:34 PM   #15
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to MOC. This is a great place to learn about Montanas/Mountaineers and folks are more than willing to share their knowledge and experiences. There is a thread regarding full timing where you can ask specific questions about that lifestyle. So, ask away and enjoy.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #16
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Welcome! You'll find a wealth of information here. And, you will be able to share things that will help others. Don't hesitate to query the forum because the question you ask may be the one I wanted to ask.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Same here we got on the forum long before we purchased the 3400.. helped us decide.. We also signed on to the Cardinal, Jayco,Hitch hiker, Rv net and others to help us decide..they all did their part. Do your homework, Take your time, determine what you need and the right RV will jump out at you..There is a real good chance it will be a Montana.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #18
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Welcome aboard, I don't think we would not have purchased our Montana had it not been for all the great information that we received from this MOC site. We are still learning and every day is a pleasure getting to know all the good folks here. We came close to going to the Spokane show on Saturday but that nasty snow and roads between here in Ephrata and there kept us away. Sorry we missed it.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #19
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Welcome to the forum. We are relatively new Montana owners, bought a 3000RK in Sep 06, and really love it. Have had a few minor problems, but the folks on this forum have managed to get me through my first six months with flying colors. We don't know what we would have done without these kind folks, whether it was dealing with our Montana or personal setbacks, they are the best. We are sold on Montanas for our lifestyle of almost fulltiming, and there are a lot of really nice rvs out there, but Montana and the MOC have won our hearts, so we plan on staying with them for a long time. As mentioned, there a lot of helpful forums out there, but you will find this one especially helpful. No matter how simple or detailed a question you have, these folks will treat you right and make sure you can make an informative decision. We wish you the very best of luck on whichever brand of rv you buy. Don't be a stranger to our forum.
PS: We spent two months in Coeur D'Alene this past summer, and loved every minute of it.

barb and bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome, IdahoBaird! As others said, you came to the right place. Just remember there are no dumb questions here. We've all had those questions and probably some we haven't thought of yet. Nobody will jump your case for asking a question. So fire away.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote