Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #21
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
jrjones - We put G614's on ours for the peace of mind after reading about all the issues. Glad you didn't have much damage. If by heading home - you mean Bend OR - we got our G614 tires at America's Tire for a pretty good price and they keep them in stock.

CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #22
Dontana
Established Member

M.O.C. #12608
jrjones - glad to hear things are going well with your journey. Hoping that the sun will continue to shine on your travels and that your Montana stays trouble free.

I posted a few days ago about my experiences with La-Z-Boy recliners in comparison with the leather chairs in our 3700 on richfaa's Big Sky thread. After doing so, I wished that I had started a new thread, instead of commenting on something so general, because I really like reading his Big Sky report. In other words, I didn't mean to hijack his thread and will be more careful in the future.

That being said, I also looked at the Pinnacle recliner, before buying two standard leather La-Z-Boys for our SB, with the possibility of transferring them to our RV. My original intent was to purchase the Pinnacles, because of their quality and smaller footprint. This style is popular with the Airstream crowd, of which I was a member for a time.

In the final analysis, two things were deal breakers for me when evaluating the Pinnacle. The first was the shorter length of the foot rest as measured from the seat back, because in a total recline my heels were not supported and my feet would sag and I'm just short of 6'. The second issue was the lack of support for my elbows, also in total recline. There was just nothing there and my weight was not only left to my forearms, but there was that crease, or rather, the edge of the armrest to deal with, too.

In conclusion, please accept my comments as simply another opinion, rather than a critique of what I am certain was your very thoughtful research, before spending your hard earned money on new recliners. I hope that your expectations are being met and that you have hours of comfortable relaxation with the new furniture.

Dontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #23
jrjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4858
I do consulting work for LA Z BOY Galleries so I can have any chairs I want for my Montana. I am 6' tall and the Pinnacle works for me in my 5er not my home.(which I seldom see.) This is my second Montana and my 2nd set of La Z Boys. Get what works foryou that's what I did.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dontana

jrjones - glad to hear things are going well with your journey. Hoping that the sun will continue to shine on your travels and that your Montana stays trouble free.

I posted a few days ago about my experiences with La-Z-Boy recliners in comparison with the leather chairs in our 3700 on richfaa's Big Sky thread. After doing so, I wished that I had started a new thread, instead of commenting on something so general, because I really like reading his Big Sky report. In other words, I didn't mean to hijack his thread and will be more careful in the future.

That being said, I also looked at the Pinnacle recliner, before buying two standard leather La-Z-Boys for our SB, with the possibility of transferring them to our RV. My original intent was to purchase the Pinnacles, because of their quality and smaller footprint. This style is popular with the Airstream crowd, of which I was a member for a time.

In the final analysis, two things were deal breakers for me when evaluating the Pinnacle. The first was the shorter length of the foot rest as measured from the seat back, because in a total recline my heels were not supported and my feet would sag and I'm just short of 6'. The second issue was the lack of support for my elbows, also in total recline. There was just nothing there and my weight was not only left to my forearms, but there was that crease, or rather, the edge of the armrest to deal with, too.

In conclusion, please accept my comments as simply another opinion, rather than a critique of what I am certain was your very thoughtful research, before spending your hard earned money on new recliners. I hope that your expectations are being met and that you have hours of comfortable relaxation with the new furniture.

jrjones is offline   Reply With Quote