Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
troutchasers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10657
Name Change Options Done 3582

We asked an admin type to change our screen names from UpinAK since we pull out of her in a few weeks and the old name doesn't make sense. Very high level discussions with DW over the new one. She'll be coming along here someday after the flurry of unloading and packing 35 years of "stuff". New name seems to fit our hopes.

Finanalized dealer add on options with the Folks in Indiana we are buying our Monty from. They started out very high on most all, including the washer/dryer but were willing to sharpen their pencil once I and they became aware of bids from CW and others. To their credit they cut some off the top. We also installed surge/volt protection and vent covers. I left some good margins for them as they have been good to work with, although a tremendous amount of turnover of help over the past 6 months as we worked through the purchase. I sent them a copy of the PDI from the MOC link and kindly asked if they would go through it before we get there to save all of us time. Also kindly let them know I would not be wiring in the money until our PDI was done and any gigs dealth with. We offered to stay in a local motel until any fixes were done. My hope is they really do take the time to go through the PDI document I sent. They invited us to stay in the unit (after its PAID for) for a few days there at the dealership to "learn". Will take them up on the offer. I also asked for the possibility of further shop time should we need any warranty repair when we come back mid September for the MOC rally. As you would imagine, Rich and Helen's new Bik Sky thread is being watched quite closely.

Looking forward to the MOC rally. We will have been in our new Big Sky about 19 days once we pull in. Going to Escapees Boot Camp in Sedalia, will stay a day or two for the Escapade and then drive up to the MOC Rally. Can't learn too much. We are looking forward to meeting all.

Cheers,

troutchasers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
As we said up front on our Big Sky report you are going to hear everything large and small and let it fall where it will. we are now at @ 2K miles on the big Sky and since it sits on the property fully plugged in, full hookups all the systems are running. Small Stupid sloppy workmanship issues are our biggest complaint.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Bummer Rich. Since most everything comes from a vendor pretty much in its own package all that's left to put a rig together by Keystone is workmanship so your comment is disappointing and too frequent even for their flagship Big Sky model. I sometimes think that if the workmanship is that stupid then what about what's not able to view from the outside. But alas, in the RV world I guess it's what to expect to some extent.

But since most of that is close to being off-topic, I hope the "Troutchasers" don't turn into "sunburnchasers" and that their frying pans are filled with a little olive oil, a nice trout, some lemon, tarragon and maybe a little garlic. I can smell it now. ummmmm.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
troutchasers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10657
The Native community in Alaska refers to "catch and release" trout fishing as playing with your food.
troutchasers is offline   Reply With Quote