Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #21
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
There's an old saying that applies in situations like this when someone's rig rolls after unhooking: "You can't fix stupid!"

Orv

ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #22
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

There's an old saying that applies in situations like this when someone's rig rolls after unhooking: "You can't fix stupid!"

Orv
As Forrest would say: Stupid is as stupid does!!!!!! When we were RV'ing, as soon as we pulled in and were ready to unhook, my copilot was chocking the wheels, not sometimes, but ALL the time. She was a great copilot and still is, although, right now she is captain and I am copilot....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #23
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
There is a different approach when the trailer has the level up system. The X chocks don't work when the axles are lifted by the center jacks. This is what I do: place ground chocks against tire on the down slope side, Lower landing legs to the point where I would uncouple, place level up in manual mode and firmly plant the rear 4 jacks into the ground, unhooking the truck and most times I manually level the unit using the little lights on the keypad. Every time I do this when I am done I could take the ground chocks away as there is no pressure on them. When I hitch it to go home I just raise or lower the landing legs to the correct level, secure it to the truck before manually retracting the remainder of the jacks. Yes I don't use the automatic level part but on a sloping site I feel more comfortable this way.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote