Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2011, 04:56 AM   #1
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
Another black flush ? - valve is NOT under sink

Any ideas? I want to find the check valve and have many folks say their's is under the bathroom sink. Not true in the 2009 3400. It's not behind the basement wall panels anywhere either. I think I am looking at it behind the sliding door at the steps. Is it a roundish clear plastic device about 2-3 inches in diameter? I am certain I can access it from the shower controls if it is the valve.

Any help?

Thanks!

akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:09 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
On our 3400 it was between the shower and the kitchen so it sounds like you are looking in the right direction. Our rig had a small removable door in the pantry next tot he steps that allowed access into this area. Not easy access, but contortion-type arm-bending access.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
Thanks Bingo. No access door on mine unfortunately. I just pulled off the shower faucet and with a mirror was able to confirm that it is a check valve. Just out of reach of course.

I called Keystone. Much to my surprise I was able to talk to a human being. The first guy told me the valve was behind the convenience center, which I was pretty sure was wrong. He said the one I was looking at behind the shower was for the outside shower. But since I had only looked once, I went and looked again. No valve.

The second call I just made a few minutes ago got me to someone who confirmed I was looking in the right place. She knew exactly what the issue was. I didn't ask the obvious question about why in the world they put it there in the first place, as I'm sure she didn't design the blasted thing. But she did say if I cut my own access panel, Keystone would send me matcing panel to screw in over the door I cut. At least it is in the cabinet, so know one will see the scar.

Thanks again. I'll report back on my success/failure.
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote