Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2011, 05:40 AM   #1
docport
Established Member

M.O.C. #10181
Slide keeps jamming

Bought 3455SA 12/09. Went to FL for the winter and the bedroom slide broke on opening. Bed came apart from the slide and bottom of slide bent. Over 2 months to repair on returning home. Finally got unit back and went on vacation and worked ok. Opened slide the other day to pack for the winter trip to FL. and Yup..broke again. Appears the top of the slide is pinching and the bottom continues to push forward causing the bed to rip off the slide wall. Waiting to hear from Keystone once again. So far I have had one trip where I have had no problems. Not a happy camper and not sure if Camping world of Bath NY know what they are doing. There has to be something causing the slide to jam or pinch at the top preventing it to slide out normally with the bottom. Any Suggestions?

docport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:04 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wow, sorry you have had so many issues with it. We just have to hope the repair guys know what they are doing.
Here is some info for you to use to check the work. I THINK it applies to your unit.
Good luck with it.
http://www.tada-rv.com/scripts/pdfretail/get.php?id=84
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:17 AM   #3
camper4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6635
Is there something sticky at the top of the slide where it meets up with the outside of the camper? There should only be a black rubber seal that is not sticky where they come together.
It wouldn't take much to hold the top in.
As for Bath RV, I've done business with them for years and sometimes they are good and sometimes they are bad. It seems to be all in which person gets assigned to your problem.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with something more concrete.
Good luck!
camper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #4
lawrenceb42106
Montana Master

M.O.C. #45
We have had the rollers on the bottom of the bed come off. The screws were stripped out. To check the rollers open slide out enough to get to both sides. Then raise the bed up and look at the rollers. On ours they fell out, so no problem to see them.
lawrenceb42106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:04 AM   #5
docport
Established Member

M.O.C. #10181
FINALLY... As before, bed slide broke again just before leaving for Fl. THIS TIME, Keystone and dealer techs on the phone together and found out that when the slide was installed, the rails were about 1 1/2 inch too far back and when the slide returned, it kept going and would rip bed off the slide wall. Unit is now cobbed to make it work. 2x6 braces and 1/2 plywood spacer. It now goes in/out although it crabs going out/in. Keystone assured me that upon return from Fl. they will replace slide unit as it is tore up and bolts place through floor of slide to hole units in place. Feeling much better now that problem is finally identified and repairs assured. Now next item will be changing tires,,Spoke with felow rv'er with 2010 ,3400rl with low miles and just blew a tire.. Ya one the them GY chinese junkers just like I have on.. If rims will take 110psi will switch to G614. Don't need anymore surprises.
docport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
Wow, glad they finally identified the problem. We just picked up our new 2011 3455. Love the unit, but when we were making the bed, it appears that the screws that mount the plywood top for the bed are missing. I'll take it apart this weekend and examine. So far, that slide works smoothly, but the dinning room slide "chatters" when retracting. I'll have to figure that out soon.
BrokenElbow is offline   Reply With Quote