Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #1
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
CB Channel

What channel do you guys run your CBs on. I am tired of the trash on 19,however, everytime I try to get a fellow rver it has only worked on 19. I was told by some that rvers run on 13...then somebody said 14...but I only find them on 19. I turn 19 off frequently because of the language...my wife and I don't need/want that. I think I'm going to make an attractive sign that will fit in the bottom portion of my back window on the 5r and I don't know about the front yet. What channel should I put on the sign...14?

Mike

F350 7.3L LB SRW
2003 3575RL

MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #2
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
I listen to 19 mainly for road and Smokey bear conditions. But have ran into areas where I would just turn it off for 10-15 miles until I passed the ones who were being obscene. If I get a fellow RV'r or anyone that wants to chat while traveling I will pick a channel and we both switch at that time. But to answer your question I am not sure of any specific channel that the RV's cling to.

Ron & Melinda Rosewall
Marcus, Iowa
'06 F350 DRW King Ranch 4x4, diesel pulling machine.
'04 3685FL, Fireplace, Cent Vac, Fantastic Fan, Safety Glass, 2nd A/C, Slide out awnings.

http://www.picturetrail.com/fordzilla

Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:37 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I have saved my self lots of headaches monitoring 19 while I travel. Many many times I was forewarned of huge back ups in traffic due to an accident or construction. I was able to get off at an earlier exit and either take a detour or just pull in a restaurant and get a bite to eat or just take a break. Before I realized I was retired and no longer in a hurry the CB saved me many a speeding ticket by knowing where smoky was taking pictures. If I see another RV with a CB antenna I will try to contact them on 19 or drop down to 13 and again try to make contact. I do keep it squelched to keep out some traffic but what the heck Lorraine and I are both in our sixties and those truckers don't use any language we haven't heard before.

So iffn ya see me truckin on down the road, gimme a shout on 19.

And Yes 13 is the CB channel for RVers.

Glenn
Montana Owners Home Page
RV Related Links

Glenn and Lorraine
M O C - 4 2 0

We are using a 2005 White GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Extended Cab, Short Bed, 4X4
with the Duramax/Allison Combo and Firestone Ride-Rite air bags
to drag around our 2004 Montana 2955RL 32'
using a PullRite 16K SuperGlide Automatic Sliding Hitch

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us!"

You know you are retired when you wake up in the morning with
nothing to do and go to bed at night with it only half done.

BUT, Keep in mind, doing nothing can be a very
tiresome job because you can't stop to rest

Click on the Flags for the Forecast
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:22 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We always monitor 19 when on the road. The trucker chatter is not hardly as bad as it was some years ago in fact we find the vast majority of them very helpful and Ole Helen is a chatterbox..Chan 13/14 is the unofficial RV channel. We are me "Double duce" and Helen "Snowhawk" We also have the big MOC 2839 on the front and rear of the camper.If you come up behind us gave a MOC-2839 do you copy..and give a big wave..that little box on the ladder is a camera and you are on Montana Cam... ...how about a thread with our CB handles//"Glenn"????

Rich& Helen N.Ridgeville,Ohio.

F-350SD, Lariat, V-10,4:30 Diff, tow command Long bed, Crew Cab Dually, 06 3400RL
Mor-Ryde Pin Box

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:04 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
OH sure stick it on me! You think I don't have anything better to do than poke around this puter?? Well you're right I don't.

Glenn
Montana Owners Home Page
RV Related Links

Glenn and Lorraine
M O C - 4 2 0

Click on either of the above for a larger image
We are using a 2005 White GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Extended Cab, Short Bed, 4X4
with the Duramax/Allison Combo and Firestone Ride-Rite air bags
to drag around our 2004 Montana 2955RL 32'
using a PullRite 16K SuperGlide Automatic Sliding Hitch

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us!"

You know you are retired when you wake up in the morning with
nothing to do and go to bed at night with it only half done.

BUT, Keep in mind, doing nothing can be a very
tiresome job because you can't stop to rest

Click on the Flags for the Forecast
Old 08-22-2006, 04:15 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I coincide that your skills and expertise in the webmaster field and data collection and compilation far exceed mine There fore the suggestion ...(did that work)???

Rich& Helen N.Ridgeville,Ohio.

F-350SD, Lariat, V-10,4:30 Diff, tow command Long bed, Crew Cab Dually, 06 3400RL
Mor-Ryde Pin Box

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:26 AM   #7
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
I like your idea of a list of our CB handles. Mine is Stargazer. It has quit a story behind it. Got called that by the police in the mid '70 and it stuck. NO I don't have a criminal record!!!!! It was a joke by my high school Physics student then when we were studying Astromony.

Steve & Sharon Andreasen
Cherokee, IA
2003 315RLS TT
2002 2500HD Chevy 8.1/AT

"Every thing I've seen teaches me to trust the Creator for that which I have not seen."Apollo Astronauts/Emerson
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:56 AM   #8
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Many years ago I was a truck driver. Typically when I ran East/West I used channel 19 and when running North/South I used channel 17.

Nice to know there is an unofficial RV channel of 13/14. Guess I have to switch my dual scanner.

Thanks for the info.

Robbie

Peace!
Robbie & Alice Simons
Seattle

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 SWB Laramie (LNRNGR)
2006 2980RL (TONTOW)
Line-X bed liner
Jacobs Exhaust Brake
Prodigy Brake Controller
Hijacker 24-UMS-21 Hitch
Start Fulltiming 10/2006

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/htmlSticker2_cond/language/www/US/WA/SEATTLE.gif
[/img]
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:04 PM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

I coincide that your skills and expertise in the webmaster field and data collection and compilation far exceed mine There fore the suggestion ...(did that work)???
Yeah it worked, now go lookin fer it.

BTW- Please don't post your CB handles in this thread. I will have a hard enuff time keeping track of one thread don't need a second.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #10
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Thanks for the info. I have done the same,,,traveled on 19 and changed to fit the circumstances. Last time to TN, the CB saved my bacon a couple of times.

In reference to >>>those truckers don't use any language we haven't heard before.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote