Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Shower door removal??

We were evacuated from our house for 5 days because of wildfires. Thank god we have a RV. We spent 5 days in our 5th wheel in the fairgrounds of a town 30 miles south of us.Hundreds of people were not as fortunate as us and were sleeping in cars or if they had them tents, temps dipped in to the high 20's a few nights. Our shower door has been hanging a little low for a couple years, but if you lifted on the towel hanger when closing, it was not a big deal. The first night of our evacuation I took a shower and when I got out I lifted the bar to close it and the glass shattered and put about 10 cuts on my hand. The next day I bought 2 pieces of Plexiglass and duct taped them to the door so we could use the shower. Well we're home now and I can't get the door off. I removed the 5 screws on the inside that are on the hinge side, but it doesn't seem to want to come. I don't want to force it. The year and model is in my signature below. Any ideas would be appreciated, I haven't called yet to see if I can order a new door, but if not I'll repair it a little better then using duct tape.
Thanks for your help.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
When they put it up the may have run a bead of silicone on the back of the frame which essentially glues it to the fiberglass wall. When I did this on my last house I used a long utility knife blade to get in behind the aluminum frame to cut it loose.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:26 PM   #3
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryles View Post
When they put it up the may have run a bead of silicone on the back of the frame which essentially glues it to the fiberglass wall. When I did this on my last house I used a long utility knife blade to get in behind the aluminum frame to cut it loose.
Thanks but this model doesn't attach to the fiberglass wall. It has metal and glass on both sides of the door. I was just trying again, I got three sides of the door off (top,bottom and side) but the side that hinges doesn't want to come off.