Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
db_engineer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9068
Dish/DirecTV for Monty w/o House Plan?

Sometime in the last few months I saw an ad in print for, IIRC, a satellite plan without having to have it in the bricks & sticks. Now that I may want it, I can't find. Does anybody remember seeing it, and where it might be?

Thanks.

db_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
I believe you can get a DirecTV Plan for an RV without having a Stick house. They even offer a plan where you can get the major network feeds from either NY or Calf since you wouldn't normally have access to local channels. You should be able to get more info on the DirecTV site.

Good luck
Old 11-03-2010, 12:55 AM   #3
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
We have Direct TV and no sticks and bricks.....and we get local feed now that we are in FL for the next 4 mos. Don't know about Dish, we had Direct TV in both S&B and Monty before we sold the house.

Betty
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:45 AM   #4
dreamers2010
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9962
Send a message via AIM to dreamers2010
You may have to do some fast talking but you can get Dish in your RV (complete with a Tripod) without having it in your house. We just did. The question they ask you is if you are moving all the time. Just say no, that you are stationary for now. They'll install it for you free of charge. Now, we still haven't moved so don't know how hard it will be to set up the dish each time. But, the readings are available on line.

Judy
dreamers2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
No requirement to have it in your S & B. We have had DirecTV in our trailer since we got it. Never had it in a house. We are in Casa Grande AZ for the winter and just had the locals turned on here. We also get East and West coast HD feeds ($14.00 extra a month for both coastal hD feeds...)
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

....We also get East and West coast HD feeds ($14.00 extra a month for both coastal hD feeds...
Are you still getting both East and West Coast feed after Monday night's little change by Directv? Like thousands of other customers, I filled out the postcard agreeing to the increase in price in order to keep both feeds, yet they cut off my East Coast feed.

After an hour on the phone (mostly trying to get the India support folks to understand what DNS is) I got to the right group here in the US. It only took them a few minute to turn the East Coast feeds back on.

I pity anyone new signing on for Directv who wants both feeds. According to the folks I talked to, you only get the one closest to your billing address. Having the West Coast feed while touring in the East would suck big time!

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Carl,
About 10 days ago I called the DTV folks to update my account so as not to loose my east AND west coast feeds. As it turned out it is a good thing I did. I did not get the post card notification about getting only one national feed: Either the East coast or the West coast. If you didn't send the card back in then they would give you only one coast and they would base that on your billing address. Or maybe the service address.

As it turns out they did not have my account set up correctly. They had me listed as a residential account rather than as a mobile account. So I called them and they had it fixed within about 5 minutes.

I get to keep my DNS channels.
I get two CW channels added.
I get 1 pbs channel...... Actually I already had pbs.
And now they have my account set up correctly.

I was impressed with the promptness of the service provided.

I hope most of our members with DTV had no problems. It does get worked out.

Good luck.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:14 AM   #8
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
If anyone lost one of their DIRECTV coastal feeds for the major networks tuesday night (11/23), and had that service prior to May 2010, you need to call the DIRECTV number that deals with RV travelers which is 800-769-4635. I had to wait on hold over 20 minutes, but once I spoke to an actual person, I had both coastal feeds restored within a few minutes. The current package, for $20/month, includes the coastal feeds for CBS, NBC, CW and ABC as well as PBS.

Also, there is a DIRECTV website for RV'ers with the following address: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/travelers/rvs

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #9
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Helen (adelmoll):
Thanks so much for the information with phone and website for TV.
That is what we will need to get set up correctly.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote