Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
Glenn the fifth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7117
Congrats on the new system Captain Kidd, We have it on our new trailer too and really like it. Don't want to worry you or cause a stir, but something happened Monday that has me a little worried. We have had our trailer for 7 weeks and used it 3 times. We got home Monday from our 3rd trip with the trailer and everything was fine. Realized later Monday that I forgot something in the trailer and went out there to retrieve it. Well, to my surprise the slides would not operate (or Level Up or landing gear work either) and it was not a fuse or AC/DC power problem. I did some trouble shooting using the Lippert documents available on their website and found out my hydraulic pump motor is already "toast" (based on some discoloration it looks like it may have overheated and we were just using it normally and there was plenty of fluid in the tank). With this trailer being so new it has me wondering something. Is the Level-Up system and 4 slides too much for the "normal" hyrdraulic system to handle? I know there are some smart engineers that design and work on these systems, but it does seem like quite a load for that small pump motor when you first get to a campground and begin set-up. I am taking the trailer in today and will get a new pump motor, but just wondering...
Glenn the fifth is offline   Reply With Quote