Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
3750FL

Well, DW sure likes the 3750FL. Any pros and cons from the owners on here? What I see; no recliner, less basement storage, and somebody popping in the rear door while one is on the throne. Of course, I can get over those if the pros are good enough. I do like the W/D connections not being up in the front end.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Will, We like that model, however, it would be difficult giving up the large rear window in our 3400. Less storage would be a problem for us also as we fulltime. The door to the throne could be locked most of the time, I suppose....I like the idea but too much sitting room for two people in the LR. IF, and we don't plan to, we ever wanted to upgrade, this model would be high on the list, but I would like to spend more time in one before making a decision......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
We own the 3750, love it, and highly recommend the floorplan. We have camped in it for 10 nights now with our family of 4 and couldn't have been more comfortable. We too looked at the storage and compared it to other models and wondered if it was enough. Boy was I wrong because the storage is deceiving and I don't have enough stuff to fill it, and I'm a pack rat. The front storage is half full, the pass through is full, and the rear storage is basically empty and I bring a lot of stuff. I was shocked when I had more room then stuff. After having the front living room we will never be able to own anything but. It is spacious and the two couches will easily sit 7 to 8 people and mama and the boys call all relax and watch a movie. 40 Samsung 1080 P surround system is great and we added a blue ray player. The kids have each brought a friend and we regularly sleep 3 - 4 kids with no problem. The beauty of this floor plan is they can sleep late, we can shower, eat, and go through the rear door and never bother them. The 12 foot refrigerator is incredible as is the 12 gallon hot water heater. The bed room is huge and the kitchen is well designed. We have had 6 previous campers, including two fivers, and this is the king on our road. When we pull into campgrounds we end up showing it all weekend to curious people. Five slides is quite a conversation piece and it really gets a lot of attention. Regarding the second door, not overly thrilled initially but love it now because we have a quiet escape when the kids are sleeping and during the day it is used to access the bathroom. Because the coach is so long one door would not be enough. If you get one get two ACs. We didn't and I have one in my camper that will be installed this week. When it is really hot one AC just can't keep up. Please PM and we can talk off line.
snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
mike and kellie

M.O.C. #10673
snowhawk2-is the bath /rear door glass obscure or clear? I heard that the 2011 have gone to privacy vs. clear. I love that floor plan and I just joined today to learn more about it. We currently have a Mountaineer bunkhouse with a lot less kids.
mike and kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:07 AM   #5
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Hello Mike and Kellie and welcome aboard. It seems your coach interest is following the same path as we did. We traded a 2006 Mountaineer with the bunk room for a 2010 3750fl. Our kids are teenagers and stopped wanting to camp with us becuase they out grew the beds. Now with the 3750, we can't get rid of them!! Actually we love having them along and they sleep up front much more comfortably then in the bunkhouse.

Our bathroom door window is clear with the cloudy texture but you can't see through it in any meaningful way. When I read this online I went into how am I going to address this mode and after fiddling with a few options, and really considering how much of a problem it isn't, I left it alone. What I might do is tint he glass over the winter but this is really not a big issue and I wouldn/t let this get in the way of a purchase.

The more we are in the coach the more we like everything about it because the floor plan is like having an apartment on wheels. We have entertained 12 people very comfortably and it is amazing how well it suits the two of us or a large group. They really did their homework with floor plan. Private message me if you want to discuss the coach further. Happy shopping!
Old 08-25-2010, 03:48 AM   #6
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
We purchased a privacy window film on line for $20.00. Got a shade that matched the color of the outside Montana decal. Works and looks great.
boje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #7
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Hello Boje.

Do you have pictures that you could post or PM?

Old 08-31-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Hello MOC members. I have two thoughts for anyone considering purchasing the 3750FL. First is buy it becuase it is terrific. Second is to be sure to get two ACs. I just installed a second unit and it is like night and day. Much cooler and able to keep up when it is real hot.

PM me with any questions about this floor plan. The more we camp in it the more we realize how special of a floor plan it is.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #9
Dave Anderson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1654
snowhawk2 I have the same truck as you. how is it for pulling that monster? I'm really impressed and will have to find out more...........Dave
Dave Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Back in 1972, we had a Holiday Rambler Travel trailer with a clear glass on the door. But, it had pull curtains on it for privacy. Worked for us! It came that way from the factory. Just a thought.... Yes, we do like the floor plan, but not much storage..................

Roy & Kay
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Hello Dave: Interesting question regarding towing. To set the stage here is some background information and then I'll get to your question. My last fiver that I towed with this truck, was 1,200 lighter, 250lbs heavier at the pin, and 2.5' shorter. So the 3750 is longer, heavier, but lighter at the pin. The truck tows and stops the weight of the 3750 with no problem. We recently lugged some long steep hills and it worked like you would expect towing 14k but no problem. On reasonable flat terrain at 72, it just cruises. My last trip from Binhampton NY to Springfield Ma, over the Berkshires mountains, earned 10.8 mpg. On flat runs I'm getting around 11.8 or so. Having said that, I have a problem, however, that I posted in another post, with rocking front to back when I go over something like a bridge with some raised or lowered surfaces. With the input from many, we have determined that the pin weight is too light so I'm going to increase it and my shocks might need replacement as they are Rancho 5000 stock with 53K. I will fill the fresh water tanks up front to add weight and replace the shocks. The numbers for the truck and trailer are as follows: We are about 500lbs under the truck GVW, and 760LBS below the GCVWR, and 1500 under the 3750's GVWR. So the numbers are pretty good. Next year we are planning a cross country trip which I expect will challenge the GCVWR.

So to finally answer your question, the truck does well with the 3750. Would a 2011 dually provide more stability, bigger GCVWR and better fuel economy, I'm sure it would. Don't be afraid at all of towing the 3750 with our trucks.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:25 AM   #12
rognperly
Established Member

M.O.C. #10558
Beautiful trailer both inside and out. But I can't get over the pass through bathroom. I feel the toilet should have its own room. One of the reasons we bought the 3150 is we like the split bathroom. Our previous 5th wheel had a fully enclosed room which my wife hated. If I'm in the bedroom and want to get out I don't want to have to wait for someone to finish their business. Just my opinion. Still love the trailer though.
rognperly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:46 AM   #13
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Hello rognperly:

Thanks for checking in in the 3750. We love the floor plan and bathroom design and the bathroom location has not been an issue for us. We really like the roominess of the bathroom as it goes from side to side so it almost feels like we are at home. As far as being "blocked" into the bedroom while one of my kids is doing their business, it hasn't happened to us yet so I guess it's not a problem for us. However, the worse case scenario if it did get trapped, I would have to lay in my big comfortable king bed in perhaps the biggest bedroom on wheels, watching an LCD TV, with my wife. Haven't said it that way, I want to be trapped by the bathroom business!!! The more we are in this coach the more we would like to sell our home and full time.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #14
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
The floorplan is great. I am 6'4" tall and weigh over 270# and I have never felt more comfortable in a coach. I have previously owned a 2002 Monaco Diplomat 40' motorhome and the Montana has more room and is more comfortable. I have never been in a coach where I could not reach the ceiling. We traded in our Alpenlite for the Monaco. The Alpenlite had a lot of storage and we easily fit everything in the Montana. Storage is not an issue. The storage inside is unreal. We have many cabinets that remain empty. We have never had an issue with the bath. Just lock the outside door from the inside if you may be worried about sudden intrusions. What can I say.....a KING SIZE BED....so nice. I agree, add the second a/c like we did. Wish we had the storage bay under the sofa bed, but there are too many other positives that outweigh the few negatives. We are getting the same gas mileage as we did with our old coach, which was 3000# lighter. The ride is also smoother with the MOR/Ryde hitch and suspension. We have a 3500 Dodge dually and we averaged 11.4 MPG of average terrain and 11.0 in the Ozark Mountains.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote