Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #21
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Mike, AMEN

Old 12-25-2010, 12:35 AM   #22
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
How about this: we have three dachshunds, which added together don't equal a large lab, but we get three charges while the lab only gets one. In fact we almost were turned away from one park that has a two dog limit until I pointed out their size and promised to not walk more than two at a time.

Life's not fair!

BTW: we have a bag dispenser that clips right on a leash so we always have bags handy.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:48 PM   #23
thor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6133
the whole idea of camping when i was a kid was about FAMILY.that meant kids dogs ,birds what ever.so to charge extra for more then 2 people is backwards thinking as far as camping goes.if people are rudy then deal with that problem .if dogs are barking then deal with that problem.if animals and thier owners leave messes behind then deal with those people.dont just cop out and try to solve the problem by charging money for everything.i have to camp grounds where two people made more noise then five people.and one dog barking was more anoying then three dogs next to us.thanks for letting me rage.... touchy subject.
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #24
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Today I made our reservations for our trip north this spring...the campground we are reserved at in NY is charging a "resort fee!" Can you believe that? Don't know whether to laugh or cry...as others have stated in this thread, some campgrounds seem to be taking advantage of campers. I do not know if this is a fee dictated by NY state or just campground management at its worst.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #25
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Not dictated by NY that I know of. Some are trying to limit the short term campers in favor of seasonal users I think with that Resort fee. There are lots of CGs in NY, where abouts are you looking to stay? We live in the Genesee Valley area of Western NY and have 8+ acres and you would be more than welcome to park the Monty, I have a 30 Amp box, haven't upgraded it to 50 yet.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #26
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mhs4771

Not dictated by NY that I know of. Some are trying to limit the short term campers in favor of seasonal users I think with that Resort fee. There are lots of CGs in NY, where abouts are you looking to stay? We live in the Genesee Valley area of Western NY and have 8+ acres and you would be more than welcome to park the Monty, I have a 30 Amp box, haven't upgraded it to 50 yet.
What a wonderful offer! We are staying at the Newburgh KOA...it is about halfway between our stops in Penn and Mass, so it is likely not near you, but thank you very much for your kindness. Since we are staying only one night in Newburgh, you are probably right about an attempt by the campground to limit short termers. Again, thank you very much.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #27
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
If you're on your way to Mass, yes we'ld be a bit out of the way. We're less than 2 hrs from Niagara Falls and an hour south of Rochester (Eastman Kodak). We have Letchworth State Park, called the Grand Canyon of the East. Granted it can't hold a candle to the real thing, but it is a 20 mile gorge with really great views. The offer still stands for anyone traveling by, provided we're home and not off traveling somewhere with the Monty.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #28
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CamillaMichael

Today I made our reservations for our trip north this spring...the campground we are reserved at in NY is charging a "resort fee!" Can you believe that? Don't know whether to laugh or cry...as others have stated in this thread, some campgrounds seem to be taking advantage of campers. I do not know if this is a fee dictated by NY state or just campground management at its worst.
I've noticed that the Encore Parks charge a "Resort Fee" for stays less than 30 days. I think it is just a rip off of folks who can afford to travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not specific to New York...Just as bad as charging for pets!!!!!!!! MONEY GRUBBERS
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #29
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
I've seen some of these "resort campgrounds" as they like to be called...Believe me they are anything but! My camp club went to a New York campground that
was owned by a company which called their many campgrounds "resorts". There were so many things wrong with the campground yet they considered themselves well
above average and they were really below average. CG's like this one will now start using the resort fee to make extra money. I wouldn't use a CG that charged
a resort fee and would tell them so. If enough campers told them that, maybe they would wake up and understand that enough is enough and we have had it.
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote