Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2009, 06:50 AM   #1
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
NH - New taxes

Here is another example of government officials going crazy. At a time when NH should be begging for campers to visit their great state they decide to impose a room tax on campsites. Does this make you want to visit NH? To make matters even worse the Governor has stated that he wants to use some of the revenue to promote tourism in NH.

http://wbztv.com/local/camping.tax.tent.2.1058049.html

Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Yep. It's that "tax the MA folks" mentality. Cheap liquor but tax the RV crowd??? Bummer. Glad we visited there before the Rally.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Our GPS system will be set were the Tax'es are lower. Thats all I will say about these things. For several months I didn't make any post because of my thoughts on Political things. People who know me know have I feel about whats happening. TAXes will destroy us. Oh well I still Love my Country, sad times though. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
You better look around at other states. Some states have a tax on daily and weekly rates, it is included in the rate. Monthly rates on the other hand are exempt. This goes back to the motel taxes, that almost ALL states have. For some reason a monthly rate looks like a apartment rent. This also goes with taxes on rental cars (mainly at airports). Tourists do not vote in these places so they are easy pickin's
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:26 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
bigmurf..you are so right...but then things we don't know about and have no interset in finding out about can't hurt us....right....

Just for fun next time we pay our campground fees ask the campground what taxes we are paying...or..better yet..... look at the receipt.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 AM   #6
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Start flooding your Representatives and Senators as well as your State politicians with your comments! If we don't speak out, they will think everyone loves what they are doing.
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:19 AM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Your lucky you dont live in California now we have taxes
Old 06-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It was my understanding that the Governments collect taxes to pay for the services we demand or desire from that Government. Taxes are as I understand it the primary source of revenue for Governments. Perhaps what we need to do is write our representatives and tell them what services we do not want or need. However first we need to understand what services the Governments provide. There is a good project... Learn what service our Governments, Federal, State, County, City, provide then tell our reps which service we do not want. That will decrease taxes..
Here in in Ohio the State is voting to cut Public library funding by 50%.. I say cut it by 100%.. I don't use any Library. I don't need any library.. Use the funds to keep the State parks open for camping..I am a camper.wait a minute. I don't use state Parks... I don't need that service..Cut the funding. Unemployment compensation..I don't get any of that..don't need that service..cut it.. Welfare..never used it....cut it... Federal Hiways..who needs them...cut it. Here is a good one.... Federal and State meat inspection..I don't need my meat inspected..If it looks good eat it. My representatives need to know this..write yours now..

Old 06-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #9
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Rich,

You really should attach a disclaimer to these types of posts. Many of us might actually think you really mean what you're writing. A nice 'tongue n cheek' icon of some sort would be very appropriate.

Just a suggestion. I love reading your missives. Usually though provoking if nothing else.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:34 AM   #10
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
How about a doggie tax I have noticed that some RV Parks are charging so much for each dog, which I find funny, the dog/s dont use the showers,pool,they dont skateboard around the park (unless it's that Bulldog) if they applied that money for a GOOD fenced in dog area I wouldn't complain but they dont. it's just another Fee to get more money from the RVer ( the State and the owner )
Old 06-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dennis..you are right.. I added a

The first part is of course true.. The rest is just me. Sometimes I post things that are meant to be really stupid and perhaps thought provoking and I would not think that anyone would take it seriously.

Don we were parked in a C.G in Ak a couple of weeks ago that had a very nice fenced in dog walk that must have cost the CG a pretty penny to construct and maintain. Guess what folks were walking the dogs right by the dog walk..Many with no bag. Then we wonder why many C.G's have a no pet rule..
Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #12
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I always carry a roll of dog bags and don't hesitate to point to the dropings and hand them a bag, they never refuse it. In South Alabama we stay at Anchors Aweigh when you don't clean up after your pets you get one warning and then is out the gate. Thats a great rule. We Love Anchors Aweigh and their rules are very easy to follow. Just common Sense, but I forgot I do now remember Common Sense died a awhile back. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Been in campgrounds, several of which I have reported on here at MOC, that have leash rules, but, the managers don't follow it, and their dogs attack me and my dogs. Have been in campgrounds that have the 'one don't clean it up and you are out rule', only the owners let their 13 year old son drive a full sized SUV very FAST throughout the campground. Skids to a stop, small kids playing in the roadway.

But, this is wayyyyyy off topic! SO topic drift ended.

Write to your representatives.

Ohio and Michigan, both fighting for the libraries, ohhh, that is off topic too. oooooops, more topic drift ended.

Not sure if we have taxes on campgrounds here in Michigan, but, I would bet there are hotel taxes added on to your $39.99 motel 6 room. Have stayed in Indiana in a motel a number of times over the years, they have a nice room tax, something like 12 to 16 %??? (Bet if we google this we can find a page that shows ALL these taxes.)

(Rich, I would prefer that my meat be inspected, thank you! )

So ends my topic drift filled post full of all kinds of stuff! What a rant this has been! Wahhoooo!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Dennis..you are right.. I added a

Don we were parked in a C.G in Ak a couple of weeks ago that had a very nice fenced in dog walk that must have cost the CG a pretty penny to construct and maintain. Guess what folks were walking the dogs right by the dog walk..Many with no bag. Then we wonder why many C.G's have a no pet rule..
Rich so true, I see it also, I saw it a lot in our last trip to Nebraska no bags and walking a dog, and it didn't matter what size either. the best one I seen was in Lodi CA at 5 flags it was a catch basin all fenced in, 100 yrds long, a darn football field and ckean too with grass.