Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Pulled the rig out of storage....guess what?!

Since we only use our trailer on weekends and seasonal activities....
This weekend we pulled our trailer out of storage....

Boy o' boy ! The outside was dirty. It didn't look that dirty until after Kevin washed the trailer, then you could see the difference.

Inside was really dusty. I think the most I ever seen.

We also discovered that we have a holding tank leak,(fresh water, phew !)
Don't know why yet. Kevin has a couple extra days off this week so he will look more.

Well the trailer is dusted and washed, we are getting closer to this rally.

Haven't had any updates lately...

How many more days?

Denise

Old 05-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We also pulled our rig out of storage and washed (well, the guys washed while the wives did the supervising) ours next to PartyCrashers.

Kevin of PartyCrashers had this neat thingy that he used to wash the rigs with and when the washing & rinsing was done, he then sprayed the rigs with a "filter" as he called it. It wasn't necessary to dry the outside or the windows. Everything was clean, shiny and spot free.

PartyCrashers... what was that stuff? I couldn't leave my chair to take a look 'cause I was afraid my husband would sit in it and not give it back.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Margee, that thingy" is called "Mr.Clean Auto Dry Wash."

It is sold at Costco and Walmart.

The thing is kool
Old 05-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
That thing worked so well, I had to research it. Here's the process:

Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash is a hand-held washing system that eliminates the drying stage from the cleaning process. It's a handheld sprayer that attaches to a garden hose. A knob controls the rinse water, the special "dry rinse" polymer wash soap and a de-ionizing rinse filter. You'll still need a sponge, cloth or brush to wash your rig.

Make sure you pre-rinse and wash EVERY inch of your vehicle as it will be so clean after the final misting rinse of de-ionized water that any area that didn't get cleaned with the polymer soap will stand out like white shoes after Labor Day.

Using Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash won't necessarily reduce the time it takes to WASH your vehicle, you just won't spend time or energy drying it.

The dry rinse soap's temporary coating does not affect wax or clear coat, but it does wear off after a few rains. You'll know this has happened when water stops sheeting and starts beading again.

A bit of a drawback is this system does not project a long, powerful stream of water, but it certainly works as advertised which is you won’t have water streaking or spotting on your vehicle or windows... and all without drying it. That works for me.

You can buy the system at Walmart, Ace Hardware, Costco, etc... But where ever you buy it, don't pay any more than $20-$25. Extra wash soap and filter refills are available where ever you buy the system, except for maybe Costco.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:11 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Hmmm! Another toy for me.

I have been just using a very fine mist after rinsing, sort of like the "wand" car washers. That has so far worked except for the windows. $20 is only a couple six packs or so of diet coke.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #6
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Waynem-
LOL...cut back on those couple of six packs of "COKE"
and treat yourself to one of these "thingy's"....

Seriously the up point of the Mr.Clean Dry Auto Wash....is not having to dry your vehicle or RV.

My husband especially likes to to use this gadget in the hot weather months. Where we live hand washing then trying to time the drying in the heat is a major problem.

Like Margee of DandM On The Road pointed out the system does not have a strong stream of water that comes out, but it works fine.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

We just got back from shopping at CampingWorld and also stopped by a Walmart. They had the Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash Kit in a blue box for $15.00. It comes with a sample of the soap and the filter. Walmart also carries the larger bottles of the soap and the replacement "filters".

I can't wait to try this out on our car. If it does half as good a job as it did on our Montana, I will be one happy camper.

Closed Thread