Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
grahpics are here

the ups man dropped off a box 4ft long and 10 iches square it had all the graphics rolled onto a tube and bubble wrapped, dindt undo thought it would be a good thing to wait until im ready .cant wait for good weather so the monty can get all dressed up again.

okierver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
scott-pati
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12894
Have fun! It's a real B****.
scott-pati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
bandit
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12000
I've had my graphics from Keystone for over a year and have not had the guts to begin the removal. Hopefully when it warms up I'll give it a try. My 2955RL looks terrible up front. Good luck with your new graphics.
bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:06 AM   #4
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
I have no idea what it takes to remove these, but would a heatgun applied sparingly help the removal, or do they just tear?
MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:24 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Here is a picture someone posted on rv.net (I think) using a wallpaper steamer to remove graphics. Looks like it works but I have not tried it.

BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:28 AM   #6
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
When I replaced my front graphic, the instructions for removal came with the new graphics. Basically a good heat gun will get them off in pieces. You will need to wear leather gloves to protect your hand for the heat gun. The graphics will come off in pieces--who cares since you will not use them again.

Then a good cleaning is needed to remove all adhesive residue. I think they said to use benzene or acetone--so where protective gloves and a mask--. I still have enough of an outline left to see where the new ones went on. I cut the BIG mountain scene into pieces--cut along the white areas between the colored graphics. Then put them on in smaller pieces. I did it in 2009 and they still look great! and are still stuck on the Monty!
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #7
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
I've almost changed all my decals and the hardest part is removing them. I used Goo Gone and a hair dryer to remove the decals and then used acetone to clean things up. It is a time consuming process but well worth it. Before putting on the new decals I cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol. Follow the old outlines and you are good to go.
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:57 AM   #8
Phil805
Established Member

M.O.C. #11888
Okierver, great to hear that keystone step up to plate to resolve your decal problem.

Not only do we have the same trailer, and truck but also same decal problem. So you can bet we will be sending same email. Thanks for posting.
Phil805 is offline   Reply With Quote