Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
Found some wasted space in my 329RLT

I had noticed this when taking the panel down between the basement and the hot water heater to winterize. The area under the steps (passenger side) is boxed in without any access. Also there is a black drain type pipe coming from the upper side of this box going through the wall into the bottom of the kitchen cabinet area. I would guess it is going to the gray tank?

The side of this box that is backed up to the basement panel (towards the front of the camper) is also blocked off with plywood and no access under the steps. I had not taken that side of the basement panel off since there is nothing on that side to get to.

Has anybody tried to open this area under the steps up for storage or is there a reason that the steps are boxed in like they are. I guess the pipe going in the step area is for another floor plan?

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
On our 3400RL it's the cold air return for the furnace. And a shoe locker.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cyrus

I had noticed this when taking the panel down between the basement and the hot water heater to winterize. The area under the steps (passenger side) is boxed in without any access. Also there is a black drain type pipe coming from the upper side of this box going through the wall into the bottom of the kitchen cabinet area. I would guess it is going to the gray tank?

The side of this box that is backed up to the basement panel (towards the front of the camper) is also blocked off with plywood and no access under the steps. I had not taken that side of the basement panel off since there is nothing on that side to get to.

Has anybody tried to open this area under the steps up for storage or is there a reason that the steps are boxed in like they are. I guess the pipe going in the step area is for another floor plan?
I made an access door for the open area under our bathroom (303RLD). http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...16-2007005.jpg Great for storing light items that we seldom use.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote