Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:18 AM   #21
rollingdownthehighway
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20273
The DRW can have up to #5944 of payload and hit the #31k mark at the goose/fifth wheel. If I'm towing a trailer that heavy, I'm buying a semi (used)

https://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/trucks/...rra-heavy-duty
rollingdownthehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM   #22
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Lot of questions. Iíll try to answer. No it doesnít normally use all the gears. It normally starts in first and shifts to third then goes through the rest. It will shift into tenth at about 60 usually at or under 1500 RPMs. Is it better than the 6 speed, nicer yes, better in what way, it should be more fuel efficient and I think it probably is from the records I keep.
Itís never been loaded. Itís a pavement queen.
I had a 2015 F150 2.7 same as this truck with a 6 speed. I think I like this transmission better. This transmission will shift into the gear needed. It will for insurance go from tenth to seventh.
The next question people ask is why did you get rid of your 2015, 2.7 and get a 2018 2.7? I always tell them ďFords donít last very longĒ.
No issues with this or the 2015 and I think the 2.7 Ecoboost is the nicest engine Iíve ever owned. 325 HP and 400 TK on regular and probably 350 on 93 high test. This truck according to Road and Track will out run the 67 GTO I had when I was young.
Any more questions? Iíd be happy to answer them.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM   #23
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Thanks.

Looking at the online brochure, they have added expanded camera views that provide more views than Ford currently does. I do not use half of Fords and I think many of GMs will be just noise also.

GMs TPMS DOES include Temperature- Nice add. Touts lower bed rails and bedside steps for us vertically challenged.
Poke super lignum unum et diem
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM   #24
Montana Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21963
If I was going to be hit by an rv, I would prefer that it was by an overloaded 3/4 ton. Willful neglence by a motor vehicle operator makes it a lot easier to recover from your losses and with a lot less time in court.