Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2018, 09:51 AM   #1
Woodworker
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22922
Ice maker solenoid on the 3811MS?

I've winterized my 3811. Now I read an article that says i need to drain the solenoid for the ice maker. The on/off switch is behind the stove, accessed through the drawer beneath the stove.
I've looked all over but can't find it.
Any help?

Woodworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
CarWin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21110
I just run antifreeze thru the ice maker. That is exactly how it came from the factory in Feb.of this year, and was told by dealer to do exactly as factory did for winterization.

I know owners manual and refer manual says to not put antifreeze thru it, but WHY does the factory do it, if its not safe???
CarWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:39 PM   #3
GeologyTek
Established Member

M.O.C. #21745
The ice maker solenoid is attached to the back of the refrigerator. It is the valve that lets the water in to the ice maker. To get to it, you would have to pull the fridge out from its' cabinet and unhook it. I live in my 3811 full time so I am just going to turn the water off to mine and drain the outside lines. I am "hoping" that the inside lines will stay warm enough not to freeze. I leave the heat on about 68° in my place.
GeologyTek is offline   Reply With Quote