Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
edmojenks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10127
Montana 3150 vs. Moutaineer 324

I know everyone has their own preference for RVs so asking an "opinion question" will be highly individualized.

That being said, I am finally ready to take the plunge. I have done a years worth of research and didn't want to actually go to a dealer until I was ready to deal. I have been to several RV shows and am going to one this weekend. I am ready to buy now.

I had narrowed my choice to the Montana 3150. I going to drive about 150 miles out of town to an RV Show this weekend and I know one of the dealers there has this model. I went to the local Montana RV dealer today who is working up a quote for me on the Montana 3150. He didn't have one in stock so I would have to order it. I should get the quote tomorrow. Thing is, they had a Mountaineer 324 on the lot. It has basically the same floorplan as the Montana 3150.

From my research, it seems as though I have learned that the Mountaineer is a step (or maybe more) below the Montana. Of course the price of the Mountaneer is likely to be several thousand less, if not close to $8K or more less. I don't mind paying more for substantially better quality. I plan on this being a unit I will use a couple of times a month with one or two longer trips were year (say two weeks at a time). Of course I hope to get many years of use out of it.

So, the tempation is to 1.) save the money on the lesser expensive Moutaineer and 2.) buy the unit that is already on the lot here locally. On the practical side, if I ordered a unit here I was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get. If the quality is so much better that wait is nothing Or, who knows, I might get quote this weekend at the RV on the 3150 that is "too good to be true."

All of that to ask this - even though I am willing to shell out maybe an extra $8K - $10K more for the Montana 3150 has it been your experience/knowledge that the Montana brand is substantially better than the Mountaineer? Thanks for any opinion or advice.
edmojenks is offline   Reply With Quote