Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2009, 04:09 AM   #1
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Retiring

Well I'm going to do it. I turned all my paperwork in yesterday and Feb 15,2010 is the final day. My wife says she don't know what its going to be like having me home every night Its been a happy job and its been a sad one too, but 30yrs of doing it is long enough. Sooo if anyone is going to be in the Island Park Idaho area next summer, we will be at Red Rock Rv park for 5months. Come see us.
JP & Jackie
& Star (still in the oven)

jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
JP,
Remember this.

My wife asked me what I was going to do today and I replied, "Nothing."
She said, "You did that yesterday!"
And I replied, "Yes, but I'm not finished yet."

I do not regret having retired.
You deserve the break.

Good luck.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:48 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Retirement is the best job you will ever have....Come join us on the road..there is so much to see and so little time.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:11 AM   #4
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
have an enjoyable and LONGGGG retirement. Travel and see everything...
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:57 AM   #5
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Congratulations! I know you won't regret it. We just recently retired, and I wonder now how did I ever work?! There is never enough hours in a day!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Being a career retiree, I can attest, that being retired is, without a doubt, the best career choice a person can make!!!!!!

Know what I mean Vern?

BTW: Congratulations on the most important decision of your life!!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
The only regret I have about retirement is that I can never figure out when I should be taking my breaks and when to end the day???!!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #8
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
You have made an excellent decision. My only regret is that I didn't do it a year earlier.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:59 AM   #9
nunya
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6756
good choice! life is way to short to work till ya die! Fulltiming for 2 yrs. and lovin it!
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, JP and Jackie! I do not regret one moment of my retirement nor one moment of our travels.

Five months at Red Rock would be terrific. We spent a month there back in August/September 2005. We loved it there.

Maybe you've already been there, but just in case.... (these may have changed since we were there.)

There is no TV reception there other than one very snowy PBS station. Satellite TV works fine.

There is no cell reception in the park itself. Our Cingular phone worked down by the lake and also in a pasture on the south side of the 5-mile entry road, maybe half way from the highway or thereabouts. The owner has Verizon and has an antenna on the roof of the office building. He said sometimes a Verizon phone will pick up a weak signal if you stand in the right place near his antenna or in the office.

There is (or was) a bull moose that will occasionally come off the mountain to the south and work his way down to the lake. He treks along the easternmost road within the park. Usually, so we're told, he travels through the park around 7am and 7pm. Unfortunately we never saw him but our neighbors did.

There also are moose in/along the wooded areas on the five-mile entry road, occasionally. And watch out for cattle on the road.

This link is to a picture, on our website, of our "backyard" at Red Rock. The picture is too big (800x336) to post directly here. It is not a big filesize so loads quickly.

http://geocities.com/stevereigle/082...s/image001.jpg

I hope you enjoy your retirement and your time at Red Rock.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jsmitfl

Well I'm going to do it. I turned all my paperwork in yesterday and Feb 15,2010 is the final day. My wife says she don't know what its going to be like having me home every night Its been a happy job and its been a sad one too, but 30yrs of doing it is long enough. Sooo if anyone is going to be in the Island Park Idaho area next summer, we will be at Red Rock Rv park for 5months. Come see us.
JP & Jackie
& Star (still in the oven)
I won't be far behind you, mid July don't know the exact day yet. Yes I will stop and see you I will be just up the road a few miles from you at Slide Inn below Quake Lake ,I am sure you know where that is on the Madison river. I know where Red Rock is I have been past it many times going to fish Henry's. It is on my list of places to spend some time at. What a great location for a RV park, and every time I have went past it ,it looked full seems to be a popular place. Is it hard to get a spot there for that amount of time ??? I will spend six weeks at slide next summer, but from then on I will spend a few months up there at Slide or somewhere in that area. I will have 42 years and 4 months with the same company, I figure that is enough. I don't know where on earth you could of picked a better place to stay, I have been going up there every year for over 40 years ,and never get tired of that area. Congratulations on your retirement
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:05 AM   #12
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Steve thanks for the info and picture.That pasture looks like a great place to work my new Brittany. PSFord99, I called out there and talked with the owner a couple weeks ago and got my reservations for the summer. At first I wasn't sure he had a spot but he just got side tracked. Anyway it will be good to get out of so. Fla for the summer. Finally
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote