Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Traveling North for the Summer

We are in New York, off of I-84, about 90 miles east of Scranton PA and 185 miles from Boston. We checked in to a very nice KOA and they were having a stay 1 day and get the 2d day free. We are really tired and the rest is needed, so we are staying until Saturday, should be in Boston Saturday afternoon ( if all goes well).

The drive up has been very scenic, the tree were in full bloom down in western TN, as we have gone further north and east you can see the difference in foliage. In PA in the mountains the trees are bare, like in full blown winter, most don't have buds yet.

South of Scranton we stopped in a rest area and met another couple that are also Montana owners. While there I did my customary walk around to check the trailer. After my walk around we talked a while with the folks next door and we noticed a motor home pull into the same space we were in, they pulled up behind us and were pretty close to the rear of the Montana, I just didn't note how close. When we arrived I walked in back and and found that the bottom of our ladder was torn off. I think I know by whom, but that was miles ago.

Tomorrow I'll work on it and see what can be done.

Our tire situation seems to be behind us and the drive has been good (tire wise) see previous posts on Mission tires.

Fuel prices have been pretty consistent from Texas through MD, about 4.00/gal. In PA and NY it is 4.39 to 4.45/gal that makes an expensive trip at 11 to 12 miles per gallon. Strikes me as odd that mentally we have made the adjustment and are excited to see 3.99 and think it's a steal.. Gone are the .48 /gal and $21.00/bbl oil.

PS. I apologize to the folks we met, they are MOC'ers, the wife said she does all the postings, and I can't remember her on line name. They have a 3400RL purchased in NY at what is now Camping World, pull with a Chevy.

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote