Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Two Big Sky issues

Ramblin' across rough Louisiana an' Mississippi roads bubbled up a couple of issues on the Big Sky. One, a lens fell out of the recessed lighting in the kitchen area. And second, the little ball on top of one of the three "chandelier" lights over the dining table came off.

I just happened to have an extra lens and replaced the missing one because I still can't find it. It is like it evaporated. I noticed the ball under the edge of the cabinet, but had to search with flash light on hands and knees for the post that screws into the top of the fixture and then the ball on top of that. But I did find it and reassembled the thing. So my reputation as an RV mechanical marvel is established again with Dianna. She is the one that counts.

Oh, by-the-way, It is I 20. The It is a fairly good road except where it passes through the cities like Shreveport, Monroe, Jackson and Meridian. Bummer.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Stiles, we lost the cover over the desk area and when it came down it"slpoded" almost like a corel plate. took my a good two hours to find all the shards and a number of band aids. The balls are on the lights over the dining room table and the sconce lights in the rear were all loose. I tightened them all and some were still coming loose so I put a bit of tef tape on them as my Loc-tite all dried up. So far so good. My guess is that your light cover may be under the slide. Try running the slide in about a foot and using a yard stick sweep underneath or try a flashlight and get your face right on the floor. I have had to change several of those "can" bulbs and if you don't pull the entire fixture down(it is on springs) and put some beef on it when you re-seat the lenses it will fall right back off. You will feel a detente as it locks back in... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #3
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
I did the same as Dave with those little round balls on the lights. Used teflon tape and they have been good.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Okay, I'm dumb - where did you put the teflon tape?
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If you remove the ball (or filial) from the top of each of the three lights in the group. Then put Teflon tape on the stud and reinstall the ball. Be sure to clean your finger grease off the bulb.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
we use the teflon tape on many of the fixtures in our tana. works fab!!! Love that stuff.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:54 AM   #7
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Huh, Teflon tape eh! Who would of though. Wowsers it's only 8:55am and I've already learned something new today, Thanks a bunch!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:28 AM   #8
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Also check on top of the slide - that's where ours was, on top of the kitchen slide.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #9
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
David and Jo-Anna,

How are you accessing the internet? Using your air card or does the parks system have a Wi-Fi system for you?

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:10 AM   #10
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Dennis, our air card does not work.

One of the volunteers is letting us piggyback off their satilite system.

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote