Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
bafflefinder
Established Member

M.O.C. #9211
Interior wallpaper border problems

Picked up our new 3655RE 2 weeks ago and so for not good. 2 electronic problems, one dresser drawer not fastened to the guides, slide cylinder end blew out and filled bedroomcarpet with oil, under bed so it's not visible and the wallpaper borders are curling at the edges. I stick them back down to find the next day they are curling again. I will take to the dealer for all of the above but the borders curling I am afraid will keep happening. Is there anything, like a bead of silicone, that can be put on to keep them from curling down the road.

bafflefinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
I had a wallpaper curling problem in a couple of areas in our 08 2955RL. I used a heat gun to warm the areas and pressed the border back down. This worked for me. They are still in place. I don't know if sometimes the border just does not get seated enough at the factor and just needs a little extra attention or not.

The dealer may want to replace it. This happened to me on another unit we had. I still had the problem after the replacement. I did not try the heat gun on it.

If you do use a heat gun be sure to not get the border to hot and burn it or dry out the glue.

Hope this might help.
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:08 AM   #3
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
bafflefinder,
Hi! Having once been a wallpaper contractor years back, it sounds as if the border used was old. Yes, wallpaper can get too old to use. If you can get it replaced, do it. Otherwise, go to your local Lowes, Depot or Ace hardward store and pick up a small tube of "seam sealer" or "vinyl to vinyl" wallpaper glue. It looks a lot like elmers white glue. First, wet an old rag with water and dampen the edges of the border that are curling to soften the paper, then apply the glue as far inside as possible. Next take a flat edged piece of plastic or a stiff silicone splatula and "smooth" out the border until it is flat on the wall. The glue will seep out, and if left it will leave a shiny residue on the outside of the paper, so take your damp rag or a sponge and wipe all the glue off.
Most borders are attached with water soluble glues, so this would be the easiest way to repare them. Unless.... It is a self adheisive type of border, kind of like "contact paper", then the heat application may work for you.
Good Luck
Joy
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote