Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
pizzaguy

M.O.C. #8794
Crank Out Window Behind Door ?

Does anybody have a good solution other that not opening it for keeping the door from hitting a crank out window? We have a 2009 Mountaineer 324RLQ and there is a crank out window in the hallway that opens out from the bottom. The problem is that it you want to leave the outside door locked open on a breezy day the door could come unhooked from the door catch that is designed to hold it open and hit the window. I believe this is a poorly thought out design as Keystone should have used a sliding window in this place to avoid this problem.Is there a positive locking door latch that would be better? Any solutions especially with pics would be appreciated. Thanks

pizzaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
kilch123
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9104
Huh! My 08 324RLQ is the same - hadn't noticed it until now. It's not been warm enough yet to worry.

I'd recommend a small bungee cord (one of the really small ones) to hold the plastic latch down in the pocket - just hook it on the bottom of the door, over the latch, and back to the bottom of the door. (That's what I'm gonna do now that you showed me the problem)

Thanks for the 'heads-up'

Tom
kilch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818

You could order a slider opening, dual pane window from Kinro in Elkhart. I replaced our non-opening bedroom emergency exit with one. If I recall correctly, it was $225 shipped to my door in Oregon.

Of course, a 50 cent bungee cord is probably an easier solution to the problem, but I just thought that I would throw another option into the mix for consideration.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
We have the same window in our 2008 329 RLT.I also noticed that the latch part was a little sloopy so I took a small piece of a swim noodle and put it in the door holder.This seems to hold the arm nice and snug.

Bill
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote